Headcanon 2- Dead and Done (Part 1)

Percy had watched as Annabeth fell on the ground, pleading for the curse to stop

Percy had watched as Annabeth fell on the ground, pleading for the curse to stop. She cried Calypso's name before she had been struck down, Percy could've saved her. Killed every arai in the way and bear all the curses, but he'd only arrived in time to hear the last spoken words of Annabeth.

Cradling her body, he placed a kiss on Annabeth's forehead while she kept talking. "Im sorry, Percy. I-I... I didn't know you had someone else, I-" Percy placed a finger on his Wise Girl's lips and she looked up to him. "Wise Girl, I wouldn't." And that was the last of seeing Annabeth's gray eyes, and her last breath. Percy hugged her now lifeless body and, as if one last gift from the Gods, it glowed a golden light and shimmered off. He knew who'd done it, and he isn't about to let it go that easily.

Walking into the Doors of Death, he couldn't help thinking of what was to come to that goddess.
<><>
Percy locked himself in Annabeth's cabin the whole time. Not even Piper's charmspeak would work on him. No, not even when they tried to pry him out with blue pancakes, those only made him feel more homesick anyway. Percy only came out at midnight to grab a bit of food and lock himself back in his Wise Girl's cabin.

But one day, Frank came by and knocked on the cabin door. "Percy?" He tried in a soothing tone. Maybe I should let someone in, maybe. "Let me in, please." Frank was really trying, he'd been trying for the past days. So maybe, he'd let him in. Percy unlocked the cabin door and he sat back down on Annabeth's bed. "If it makes you feel better, I won't beat around the bush. What happened?" Percy shook his head. "There were... These things, the arai. If you killed one, you get a curse. And Annabeth, she smashed one on the head with a rock. She got a curse" – Percy took a shaky breath – "I-It was... – I can't do it. I just... I can't talk about it, I-I..."

At this point, the Hero of Olympus was a wreck, so instead, Frank placed a hand on his friend's back. "Hey, its fine man." Frank tried for a smile. "You can tell me. Its fine if you don't; but it would be better to let it out." Percy took a moment of silence. "The curse. It was from Calypso. I didn't think that she'd hold a grudge, I... I just never did; but now... I see and–" Percy paused. He shook his head and turned his body around, not wanting to continue. Frank sighed and left out of the cabin, he headed for the deck, where Leo was at the controls.

Leo grinned, "What's up!" Frank gave the fire-user glancing look of sorrow, and instantly; the boy's smile faded. Frank looked back down.

"Can you call an emergency? Meeting at mess hall."