Prologue

Joker burst bare chested through the side door of a fast moving shiny black truck flanked by his crew of machine gun touting accomplices. Mid-flight, he raked his purple gloved hand through his bright green hair simultaneously yanking the pin from a live grenade with his teeth, hurling it towards the heavy doors of Gotham City Bank. The doors exploded inwards amid a hail of gunfire just as the clown's feet hit the ground. Entering the bank he winked at the pretty blonde cashier, flashing his tattooed torso, heavy gold chains and charming silver smile in her direction. She shovelled cash, with trembling hands into the waiting bags, her face becoming increasingly pink and flustered from the closeness of his imposing presence.

"For you," he stated pulling her shirt out from where it was neatly tucked into her skirt shoving a wad of bills into her waistband, his pale hand grazing her stomach. She stared up at him spellbound, her eyes widening in surprise as he threw his head back and let out a loud, deep, chilling laugh.

The Bat was perched on a high ledge of the municipal building opposite, waiting patiently just out of view for Joker to end his latest charade, he had been terrorising Gotham City mercilessly for months now and Bruce Wayne's infuriated alter ego was more than ready to haul his clown ass right back to where it belonged...Arkham Asylum for the criminally insane.