Chapter 21

Justin's P.O.V     

I heave out a sigh after hitting the end call button on my phone

I heave out a sigh after hitting the end call button on my phone. What am I doing? I must going crazy. But, hey! I was just protecting my friend! Who knows? What if that stuff is really dangerous? No one knows, right? I just want Selena to be safe, you know? For some reason, Gracie's words popped up inside my mind. 

"Try picturing her dating another guy? What do you feel?" 

She says.Was it already happening? Who's that creepy stranger? What if she ended up falling for whoever that guy is? No, no, no. That's impossible! She told me that she hates being around boys so I'm sure it's impossible. But everyone can change! 

"Everyone can change, you know?" 

Selena said. And she's right. Everyone and everything always change so I have to prepare for changes. And I've got this feeling that sooner or later, there will be changes between the two of us that will probably hurt me. So what if she does change? It's not like, we knew each other in person. We only met on phone, right? And we met because of Gracie, the prankster. That brat . . . I wonder how old she is? Sometimes, she talks like an adult. She's kind of weird. 

And why is Gracie thanking me? What for? I got back into reality when my doorbell rang. Who could that be, I wonder? One way to know: obviously, open the door. 

"Coming!" 

I get on my feet and began walking, heading to the door. As I opened the door, the first person greeted me was a little girl and she's so adorable! I love adorable kids! Okay, I sounded like a girl but so what? 

"Uh, and who might you be, little girl?" 

"I'M NOT LITTLE!" she yelled. Jeez, she reminds me of megamouth. 

"Hey! I'm just describing you!" 

She placed a hand on her hips and raised an eyebrow. "Is that the right thing to do when you have a cute visitor?" 

"Why would I let you enter my place? I don't even know you --" she cut off my sentence by pushing past through me, entering my apartment as if she lives here. 

"Nice. You have a clean room unlike other boys" 

"Can you tell me who you are already?" I asked, getting impatient. She turned around and faced me. She then gave me a smile and introduced herself as, 

"My name is Gracie. Gracie Gomez. If I'm not mistaken, your name is Justin, correct?" 

"Uh, yes. That's me. Wait -- your name is GRACIE?!" 

"Duh! Are you deaf? " 

"Please correct me if I'm wrong but . . . are you that Gracie the prankster brat?" 

"Yep! It's -- WAIT! WHO ARE YOU CALLING BRAT?!" she growled, furrowing her eyebrows. "You looked less girly than I expected. Well, you looked like a girl but not that girly."