Chapter 2

A few hours passed and finally McKenize's shift was over, the next worker came in and McKenize walked over to Gia to wake her up, she tapped on her shoulder gently. Gia opened her eyes a bit and looked up at McKenize. 

"We have to leave now." McKenize said to Gia. Gia stood up slowly, obviously still half asleep, McKenize grabbed onto Gia's arm gently, leading her to the door. 

"I'm fine, I can walk, I'm good now." Gia said, looking at McKenize. McKenize let go of her arm, and opened the door and they stepped out into the cool winter air. Gia wrapped her arms around herself, trying to stay warm, as they walked to McKenize's car. McKenize unlocked it, and got in on the driver side, as Gia, took off her bag, opened the door and slid into the passenger seat. 

"So, you're sure you want to do this?" McKenize asked, starting the car. "I could just take you home if you want.."

"No. I never want to go back there. Sure, living with a bunch of band guys will be different, but anything is better than where I used to live."  Gia said, looking right at McKenize. McKenize only nodded, and started to drive, knowing it would be a while before they got there. 

"I know this is probably a touchy subject for you, but why did you run away?" McKenize asked, staring out the front window, at the road. 

Gia had been looking out the window, she looked from the window, to McKenize, back at the window, then at McKenize again. "I uh.. I hate it there. I get treated like shit, I get abused, It uh, it got so bad, I was so depressed, I hurt myself, and I was constantly thinking of suicide, I stopped going to school, because I was constantly bullied, everyone hates me, I hate myself too honestly. Except for my four friends.. they're the only ones who actually care." Gia said trailing off at the end. 

McKenize stayed quiet for a minute, then said, "I am so sorry.. I promise you these guys will be good to you, they won't hit you, they'll treat you good. They'll help you to stop your bad thoughts and to stop hurting yourself. They're really fun to be around too." 

Gia stared out the window again, as she said, "Thank you a lot for this McKenize. You have no idea how grateful I am." 

McKenize continued to drive, as they made small conversation, about music and any other things they could think of to amuse them as they took this road trip down to Indiana, where Gia would start a new life, with new people, who she had never met before, or even heard of. 

A while later McKenize said "We'll be there in like five minutes."  Gia nodded and looked away from the window.

"McKenize what if they don't like me? Or don't want me there.."

"Don't worry they will. It's gonna be fine."

Gia only nodded then looked back at the window watching houses and other cars pass. McKenize pulled out her phone "Well I guess I should call Clayton." She clicked a few things then pressed the phone against her ear, Gia could hear it ring, because of how quiet the car was. She heard a guy's voice answer the phone, and then McKenize said "Hey Clayton!" Gia couldn't hear the other side of the conversation now, the guy, who was obviously named Clayton, was talking to quiet, she only heard what McKenize was saying. "I'm bringing someone to your house to stay with you is that okay?" ...."Yes a girl." ..... "I'm not sure." .... "Yes. She looks pretty pop punk." McKenize said laughing. "Okay well thanks, I'll be there in like two minutes." ... "Okay, bye." McKenize hung up and put her phone on the seat next to her, then said "He's fine with it." With a smile on her face."Okay, thank you so much you have no idea how grateful I am, I'm so happy to be out of that house it was terrible, I'm really happy to be starting over." Gia went on nervously, talking quite fast. "Calm down, don't be so nervous you'll be fine, they'll love you. I promise." McKenzie said calmly. Gia nodded and looked back at the window, as McKenize pulled into a driveway. Gia looked over at McKenzie, and McKenize smiled and said "We're here." As she opened the door and got out of the car, Gia opened the door and got out of the car, and grabbed her bag out, putting it onto her back. She looked over at McKenize again, who turned around and started walking towards the door, Gia followed her to the door. McKenize looked at her and asked, "Are you ready?" Gia nodded and McKenzie turned and opened up the door, then stepped in and yelled, "Clayton! Timmy! I'm here!"  A few minutes after she yelled that, a short guy with dark colored flippy hair walked up the stairs, he wore tight black skinny jeans, and a tank top that said 'Tattoos are hot' on it. Gia smiled at the attractive boy shyly, wondering which one he was. He walked over and hugged McKenize, smiling, then pulled away and looking at Gia. "Is this her?" He asked looking back at McKenize. She nodded and said, "Yeah this is Gia. Gia this is Clayton."  Gia smiled at Clayton, and he smiled back. Clayton and McKenize talked for a few minutes, then another guy, who had to be Timmy came up the stairs, he had brown hair, that laid just right on his head, he was gorgeous, he wore tight skinny jeans, and a Bring Me The Horizon t-shirt. Gia stared at him in awe, she couldn't believe how adorable he was. She felt someone poke her arm and looked in that direction, it was McKenzie. "Uh yeah that's Timmy, I think you noticed him..." She said with a small giggle. 

"Oh uh I..." Gia trailed off and looked at the ground embarrassed. Timmy smiled, and walked over, hugging McKenize. 

"Timmy, that's Gia." McKenize said, pulling out of his hug. 

Gia looked up and mumbled a shy "Hi." To Timmy, and he smiled widely at her. His smiled was perfect, and it made her smile. McKenize looked the time on her phone and then back up at them, and said "Well I should probably go, I have work today, and I've been up all night."

Clayton nodded pulled her into a hug telling her goodbye, then Timmy did the same. McKenize smiled at Gia, told her good luck, then she left. Gia was left there, alone with these two guys she's only know for a few minutes.