chapter 4

Volume 1 chapter 4 : { A knight's will}

Grey ; colourless and dull.

Her life had been in black and white since Zen and her friends left two weeks ago. She hadn't smiled in awhile, which didn't come unnoticed by the young prince. His head laid on her lap, bouncing up and down occasionally due to the road being uneven. He lifted his hand up to her face.

She had changed recently, as if she had found something she once lost. He would notice the smallest of details about her. How she would smile softly, thinking no one could see and how she showed more emotion the past few weeks.Her head was rested on her hand. The scenery outside was a sight to behold. How long has it been since she had scene this land? Two weeks. Two weeks wasn't exactly that long but to her it felt like years. Visiting Clarines had become her weekly routine. This past two weeks, she had found herself subconsciously getting prepared to head to Clarines.

Prince Raj stared at the girl a while longer. Taking in every detail. every single one. Being this close to her face had given him the opportunity to examine her features. He never once took the liberty of taking a good look at her. But now that he has, he has to say. She was a beauty.

"Y/n?"

Averting her gaze from the window, she looked down at the prince, who laid comfortably on her lap. She awaited for him to continue.

" You have been smiling a lot more since coming to Clarines. I like it. Well, um... eh....You should always have that smile on, i guess."

Taken aback by his words, she smiled down at him, only to return her gaze to the window. Maybe he wasn't so bad after all.

She had taken that better than he thought. A new feeling bubbled in his stomach. what is this? This feeling? Was it friendship? The friendship he had longed since childhood? Or was it something else? With a smile plastered on his face, he continued to stare at the H/c haired girl.

-

The carriage had come to an abrupt stop, causing Raj to almost fall off. But unlike last time, the female knight had a tight hold on him. Thanking her once, he sat up.

" Your majesty, Prince Zen, welcome back. "

Her head hung, bowing in front of the two rulers of Clarines. After being told to lift her head, she escorted Raj inside, deciding to spare a glance at zen before leaving.

~

"Y/n"

Hearing her name, she tilted her head to the back. Zen? Coming to a stop, .

" What is the matter, Zen-sama?"

At this, zen frowned. He had told her many times to drop the honorifics. Was it because he had left for two weeks? Had he become a total stranger to her again? As if they had never moved from square one?

"I told you to call me Ze-"

He felt it. That feeling of adrenaline. How his heart had skipped a beat. He took in the familiar scent. Ah, How he missed her. Snaking around her waste, he buried his face in her neck accepting her hug. He didn't need to worry about that anymore.

" My sincere apologies, I shouldn't have done that"

Shaking his head, he placed his hand on her head and smiled at her. The walk to his study area was quiet but not uncomfortable. Oh no it was the opposite of that.

She had been tackled to the ground. What happened? who is this? This scent, its familiar. Opening her eyes, cat-like yellow eyes stared at her. A smile plastered on his face followed by him screaming her name.