Lately//Dan

•first person•

I wait all day for him to return home. It's stupid, and I'm pathetic, but what else am I supposed to do?

Lately, he's all I think about.

I could distract myself with all the people and drugs in the world, but I'm sure
I'd still think about him too much.

There's a click of him opening the front door, and a thwomp of his feet coming up the stairs, and eventually he enters the lounge.

I sit on the couch with my knees against my chest. I feel,
Empty.

He sees me and smiles, "I'm home."

You are.

It's seven o' clock. At least he's on time for me.

I sit up and wrap my arms around him, burying my face in his shoulder. I can tell he's surprised by the sudden intimate contact by the way he jumps.

"Woah, I wasn't gone that long," he jokes with a chuckle.

I close my eyes and just feel his warm body in my arms; my nose breathing in his scent, and a hint of unfamiliar perfume that makes me sick.

"Don't ever leave and not come home, without telling me," I whisper.

He giggles and hugs back, "I'm sorry, it won't happen again. I just got really tired, and didn't feel like heading home."

That better be all.

I sigh, "Call. Always. I was worried."

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"Now that you're here," I mumble into his shoulder, "The whole world can rest when you're here with me."

I wonder if you know that even after all these years I still appreciate just being in your presence.

"Are you going to let me go, or are you going to hug me until the end of the world?" Phil says.

I smile, "Is that an option?"

"No," he laughs, "I have a girlfriend and a life to get back to."

I frown, "I'd make a better girlfriend."

Phil hums amusedly, "Shut up."

"We'd make a cute couple," I giggle.

Phil pulls away to point an accusing finger at me, "Phandom, is that you? What did you do to Dan? Where is he hidden?"

I laugh, "I've been the phandom this whole time, Phil."

Where's the lie?

He rolls his eyes, "I knew it. Now come on! Let's order some pizza, Phan trash, I missed you."

And I swear, he said that, and my heart smiled.

•••

~But It's Better If You Do~
Panic! At the Disco