Introduction

As I stared off to the distance, the cold air ruffled my long light brown hair gently. I sensed his approach. His breathe hit the back of my neck making me shiver, he gently wrapped his strong muscular arms around my waist from behind and leaned his head onto my shoulder lightly. His stubble tickled my cheeks and I nuzzled my face closer to him. He was extremely tall 6'2 compared to my tiny frame of 5'1. His arms felt safe. It's too bad this couldn't last, I breathed in his scent looking up at him taking in his features for what would be the last time. I smiled as his blue eyes scanned my face, his eyebrows scrunched up at my expression. Slowly I felt from the cold metal of my gun that was tucked into my skinny black jeans before pulling it out quietly, its silver frame peeked out from underneath my black leather jacket. I turned around breaking our embrace before I could say anything. His eyes filled with concern, he eyes going back and forth searching for clues, but my empty gaZe left little to none. Something so foreign to me crossed his face, he looked concerned..? It's like he...cared? My eyes slightly softened I smiled gently. My heart was racing, pounding away at my chest wanting to be freed. My started shaking for a reason I couldn't explain, was this what it felt like to care? My steadied my hands, and took a deep breath before I shut out my feelings completely.

"What's wrong sweetheart?" he puffed out his breathing leaving a cloud of white smoke.

I walked closer to him before stepping on to my tiptoes I whispering "Run." My voice cracked out in panic. His expression filled with confusion at my words I slightly took out the gun as if showing him, his eyes widened at the sight of the heavy object enclapsed in my cold hands.

I don't know whether it was my facial expression or what but he turned and ran off into the darkness, his footsteps echoed. For the first time ever, I wasn't just coldly following orders, I couldn't bring myself to do it, but it had to be done it might as well be me. I tapped my boots against the slightly slippery ground before I came to a conclusion. I sprinted after him.

The cold metal of my gun suddenly felt heavy as a shot rang out through the cold air. A cry broke out, cutting through the air like a knife. I towered over him, as he laid on the ground the blood painting the grey pavement. My hands shook as I grabbed at his jacket pocket and pulled out the flash memory. Just as I was about to step away, I brushed his hair aside and whispered sincerely "sorry sweetie." Something in my chest ached at the site of him hurt. he looked at me, pain filled his blue ocean like eyes, he smiled at me lovingly, his expression understanding, which was what puzzled me most.

"It was worth it sweetheart." He choked out. My bewildered expression only made his smile grow, he breathed out a laugh, before his face scrunched up in pain and he groaned.

I couldn't take this. I hurriedly got up and walked away. I walked away without even looking back. Some part of me couldn't help but feel saddened. A single tear managed to escape, but it was short lived as I franticly wiped it away. It had to be done I convinced myself, right? I breathed in deeply it's too late now anyways.