Chapter 2: The weirdo on Maple street part 2

"Just do Fifteen, you don't want me angry now do you?" Papa shouted. Behind the glass windows I could see him fuming to the point that steam could pop out of his ears. I shook my head.

"Good girl. Now get back to what was asked of you" He demanded sternly. I turned to the women in front of me. Pity soared through my body knowing that if I was in her position, I'd run.

I took a deep breathe and held my eyes directly into her yellowish brown one's. I could see the iris wobbling and I felt my brain travel into her mind. Until she stood upright.

I looked to Papa, a huge smirk on his face as I felt like crying. My hands were shaking and my thumbs fiddled nervously, awaiting my next move.

"Fifteen, get her to cut her leg" I snapped my head towards Papa and furiously shook my head. I refuse to hurt a innocent women who had brought no harm towards me.

"I said do it. Or your back in the cell" I lowered my head and my eyes slowly fell back onto the women. Then she picked up the knife.

-------------

I broke myself from my own thoughts. That day still haunts. And whatever the outcome was I was back in the cell for another couple of days until they wanted me again.

I wonder where El is? She's probably hiding somewhere upstairs. I played with the ends of my hair and then I was gonna head upstairs.

What felt like hours I heard Mike's mom leave the house and I immediately sprinted upstairs. Unaware of my surroundings I found another flight of stairs and hoped for the best. 

I heard talking in the last room and walked in to find El in the closet crying softly. I ran over to her and helped her up as she buried her head in my neck.

"Are you OK El?" Mike asked and El nodded, She let go of me and looked straight to Mike. "Promise" She said smiling.

I decided to look around what I thought was Mike's bedroom. The walls were blue full of movie posters and tiny dolls I was unfamiliar with.

A bunch of photographs stood upright on the dresser and I find myself looking at another picture of the missing boy.

"El" I say hearing her walk towards me. I pointed right at the boy and Mike perked up his head in confusion.

"You both know Will?" He said softly his eyes diverting between the two of us. So the boy's name was Will. His whereabouts, to me anyway are unknown. All I know is he's there.

"Did any of you see him? Last night, on the road" He said. Me and El kept silent trying to contemplate how Mike knew him and how we ended up with Mike especially.

----------------

Me and El sat on the bed watching the boys bicker back and forth. I know now the other kid's name is Lucas. Which he stated earlier on in his opinion.

Both of us kept quite about the situation. Maybe because we didn't have the words to but in. They would turn their heads to us now and then but quickly back to Mike.

"Are you out of your mind?" Lucas shouted. I always knew he hated me. I'm just still trying to figure out why.

"Just listen to me" Mike said. "You are out of your mind" Lucas interrupted him. And this point I kept my eyes on Dustin. Just really happy to see him again.

"They know about Will" Mike screams trying to get his word in over Lucas who just kept pestering him.

"What do you mean they know about Will?" Dustin said. He looked back towards me to find me staring and he just smiled back. Mike picked up the photo me and El pointed to earlier on.