Introvert or Extrovert

Many people have trouble distinguishing introversion from social anxiety. In fact, there is a big difference between shyness and introversion. Shy people feel the need to be around people, but they're afraid of social interactions while introverted people just don't feel the need to interact. They prefer going on their own.

Introverts feel overwhelmed by the world surrounding them. That's why they spend most of their time daydreaming, writing in their journal, or drawing. The ideal place for them is their own little world where they feel protected from everyday stress and cruelty. Introverts are often misunderstood and called ''boring'', ''serious'', ''antisocial'', or ''shy'' because people don't understand their need for solitude.

They are still waters that run deep. They think, dream and love a lot, but say a little. They see beauty and colors where normal people see just a white sheet of paper. That's why many of them are attracted to arts and music. Introverts are deep seekers of truth and equality. They are spiritually-connected to the world. That's why when they're attracted to certain people, they try to connect with them on a spiritual level. Introverts can't help but judge those who are narrow-minded.

Introverts are the artists of the human population. Their inner world is their power. Introverts are guided by their own values and seek people who share similar to their values. They are the dreamers who force humanity to see things from a broader, holistic perspective. They force humanity to sense the ''unseen''. They are here to turn the world into a more spiritual and compassionate place. It's not that they don't need social interactions. They just want to be where love, beauty, and compassion rule. They don't communicate for the sake of being with people. They communicate for the sake of a deep and meaningful connection. This is most accurate for INFPs and INFJs, so if your reserved friend isn't talkative, that doesn't mean he's not interested. They are just observing.

They have a rich inner world because their feelings run deep. They're people with emotional depth.