Outcast

Y/N - Your name
Y/F/N - Your first name
Y/L/N - Your last name
E/C - Eye Color

First Year

"Slytherin!" the hat on top of the small girl's head shouted.

She grinned and skipped over to the table. Her parents would be so proud of her! She sat next to a platinum haired boy. He was small, but still looked to be a bit taller than her. He turned his head towards her and his blue eyes met her E/C ones. He smirked. His right hand reached out towards her and amid the cheering of her school mates, she heard him speak.

"My name's Malfoy, Draco Malfoy."

"I'm Y/L/N, Y/F/N Y//L/N." she grinned and shook his hand.

"I think we're going to be great friends, Y/LN. Don't you think?" She nodded and focused her attention back on the rest of the students being sorted.

Third Year

As Y/N and Draco grew older and matured, they'd realized they were complete opposites. She had no prejudices towards anyone, whereas Draco came up with something to hate about everyone - everyone except her. Nevertheless, the two still managed to stay friends. Draco would never admit it to anyone but himself, but he thought he had liked her as more than a friend.

Today was the day they all finally got to go to Hogsmeade. As they approached the front of the school after breakfast, they saw the three people Draco hated more than anyone - Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and Ron Weasley.

Growing up, she'd been told that the Weasley's were not traditional purebloods; as in, they didn't care about blood status. Malfoy was told the same thing, except he took it more seriously than she did.

"Mudblood, Weasley, Potter." Draco spat as Y/N tried to pull him past the trio.

"Oh, Draco! Don't say that word, please. Let's just go. Leave them alone for one day!" she tried to reason with him. He pulled his arm out of her grasp and stood in front of the group.

"Ignore him, Harry. We'll bring you something back from Hogsmeade, alright?" Hermione said, turning her back towards Draco. She hugged Harry and her and Ron headed off in the direction of the big group in front of them. Draco raised an eyebrow.

"Not going, Potter? Couldn't get your dear mummy to sign your paper? Oh, that's right. How could she sign something from the grave?" he teased. Y/N gasped. She'd known that Draco was cruel, but she'd never heard him be so inconsiderate. She put a hand on his shoulder from behind and pulled. He stumbled and his eyes met hers.

"Stop, Draco. Leave him alone. Go ahead, I'll catch up you." she said and pushed him in the general direction of the group. With one last dirty look thrown at Harry, he grudgingly headed off with the group towards Hogsmeade. She looked at Harry as he stood there, seething from the interaction.

"I'm sorry he's such a git. If you need someone to vent to about him, I'm always available. I know he can be annoying." she offered. He nodded and she hesitantly made her way to follow the group to Hogsmeade.

As she caught up to them, she saw Pansy Parkinson walking shoulder to shoulder with Draco.

"I saw you talking to Potter, Y/N. Making him feel better about himself, I presume?" Pansy glanced at the girl walking on the other side of Draco. She nodded and Pansy laughed loudly.

"I'm not sure how you ended up in Slytherin. I'm really not sure how you became friends with Draco." Draco laughed and Y/N frowned. What about that sentence was funny to him? Pansy continued her snide remarks through their trip to Hogsmeade.