Chance....Chapter #2

The next day I'm staring out a window, Looking at the distasteful view. I'm already dressed and have my bag waiting for me. The door creaks open slowly and out pops Ag-lea, she is dresses in a black v-neck and a red skirt. I look at her bewildered. "This. This is what you choose to wear when we break out of a mental institution?!" I scream. She seems taken back for a moment but quickly regains composure and reply's "You don't look prepared yourself!". I laugh "You hired me to fight people not go on a run way" I say. She bites her tong and turns around. "come on!" she yells half way through the door. I take a deep breath and grab my bags, I walk out of the room without another glance.

Half way through the corridor, a security guard appears. Me and Ag-lea slam our backs to the wall and shut our eyes. Holding in our breaths as long as we possibly could. Ag-lea nudges my arm and my eyes fly open "cost is clear" she whispers and with that said we are back in action. Our shoes squeaked every once in a while when we crept around sharp corners. Other than that nobody said anything. I jogged through an opening until I realized Ag-lea wasn't behind me anymore. I quickly turned around and ran back, I looked around frantically. "Ag-lea! Ag-lea were are you!?" I yelled through a horse whisper. I heard a muffled groan..."Ag-lea?" I called out. "Chance" Ag-lea's voice rang in my ear. I turned around and opened up the closest door, I stood in place almost afraid to move....

A man had a piece of cloth held over Ag-lea's mouth and a knife to her throat. "Were are you girls going?" the man asked. "None of your business" I replied. "Take me with you or I'll kill her!" he screamed. I bit my lip, thinking of a way I might be able to rescue my accomplice."Okay, we'll take you with us but I need my friend back" I claim. The man smiles, "have her" and with that he makes a small incision on her lower neck and throws her down. I run to her side, we haven't even made it out and she's already getting her self into trouble.

I grab onto her neck and breath in. When I release the skin is re-attaching itself and the wound is healing. I look up at the man, he backs away. When I am standing in front of him, the sense of fear hits me. The fear is not radiating off my body though, it seems to be coming from him. "Coward" I yell. Gripping his throat I ram him into a wall and then let go, he falls limp. I kick twice and then leave him with a broken jaw to heal himself. I look over at Ag-lea, she is still unconscious. I swing her weightless body over my shoulder and continue the aborted mission. 

I run through the halls until I make it to the exit door, Ag-lea begins to wake up slightly and I place her on the floor. "What happened?" she mumbles."Don't worry about it" I reply and then take her heavy luggage and place it in her hands. She groans,  an announcement comes on making me and Ag-lea flinch. "We have a problem! Attention we have a problem". I stare at Ag-lea, "I think they know were gone! We need to leave now!" I scream. Ag-lea nods her head and we push open the doors, an alarm rings through the building and we take off running towards the high gate. 

Once we reached the gate I motioned for Ag-lea to go over. She looks away "I don't know how to get over" she says quietly. Suddenly I become annoyed. I grab her bags and mine and throw them over the fence. "Get on my back" I yell, she immediately follows the instructions. I grab onto the railing and make a foot hole. Slowly I pull me and her over. "There they are!!" Vixens voice screams. I look back and see several guards making there way over, "throw your body over the gate Ag-lea! do it quick" I say. She grabs onto the railing above my head and pulls herself over, I follow the movements. Ag-lea and me run as fast as humanly possible until we can no longer hear Vixen or any others estranged voices.

"Chance, I cant run anymore can we please stop for a moment!" Ag-lea rushes out. I sigh and take a seat on the ground. "Chance, what makes you so special?, why is everyone so afraid of you?, what does Vixen have on you?" she asks. I smile "You have a lot of questions...and I have the answers to every  one of those....but your not ready to hear them" I reply. She groans, "Why is everything such a secret with you!?" she yells. "I'm here to help you fight, I'm here to keep you alive. I'm not here to answer your prying questions!" I scream. She looks away.