Prolouge

Have you ever been sitting in class.

Bored out of your mind.

You have no idea what the hell the teacher is teaching anymore.

Wishing to be anywhere but there.

And suddenly thought,

What would happen if a man with a gun walked in?

Right now.

I'm sure we've all heroically daydreamed about punching the guy across the face, kicking the gun away, saving the school from danger, locking up the potential murderer, and becoming a hero.

Or something like that.

Because I know I have.

In my opinion, school systems got it all wrong.

Let's review the standard lockdown procedure.

If you're in a classroom, and you here
a) An Alarm
or
b) Gunshots

You turn off the lights, crawl in a tight space that the shooter could visibly see, and await your inevitable death.

Because the shooter isn't completely dumbed, probably mentally challenged, but not dumb enough that they would dismiss 50 empty classroom.

No.

They'd know the procedure and kill the people in the classroom.

And these people are backed into corners and under tables. If a person barges in, you're stuck there.

You don't have enough time to fight or flee because by the time you stand up, the chances are he's already shooting you down.

And another thing, what if someone loses it?

I mean, you can't guarantee that all the students and teachers in the entire school are gonna sit quietly in classrooms while an armed mad man is pacing the halls, and not uttering a sound.

People are gonna scream

People are gonna shout

People are gonna cry

Because that's what PEOPLE DO

You can't expect everyone to be still and silent when their life is at stake!

So if someone starts sobbing, because they KNOW they are in the worst possible position and are probably gonna die anyway, they are endangering themselves and the lives of everyone in the classroom.

So school systems are actually putting our lives in a greater risk.

And this has been PROVEN.

Survivors of theses atrocities, scientist, specialists and parents know this to be true.

That's the schools way of dealing with an armed shooter is dumb.

It's STORY TIME everyone!

Once Upon There Was A School, a school just like any other school. One day, a bad guy got a gun, and stormed the place.

There was a teacher at this particular school who was a Holocaust survivor. This man had seen and experienced horror and nightmares we cannot fathom. But he also learned how to survive during that terrible period.

This teacher recognized the sound of bullets, for he had heard several in his days.

Now a man who had survived the unimaginable had to be smart.

He had to know how to act to survive

And he had to have the will and strength to survive.

Using knowledge from his younger years, the teachers locks the door and starts barracking it with chairs and desks, in which the students start accompanying him.

He then instructed the children to crawl out of the window, in which they obeyed.

Unfortunately, this brave and noble man, as well as the last child to escape the classroom, died at the hands of a shooter.

My heart goes out to them both.

But think. If the man had instructed the children to crouch in the darkness and hope for the best, there'd be a good chance that the entire class could've died.

Now as much as the death of 2 is tragedy, most human beings would agree that the lives of the many outweigh the lives of the few.

Now I've created this story not only to highlight the wrongs of school administrations, but to raise awareness.

If you hear gunshots, take about 10-15 people, and ambush the shooter with any weapon you can find.

Yes he may have an extremely deadly weapon, but he's still one man.

And if one or two lives have to be sacrificed in order for a hundred more to live, I'm sorry to say, but I'd rather save more lives.

Even if it was me who died.

And wouldn't you rather go down kicking and punching

Then to be trapped in a classroom and be shot down on the spot.

And in all sincerity,

If you have no time to react, fight, or grab buddies to fight him off,

Run.

GTFO

Because a shooter won't go chasing you.

No.

A shooter's goal is to take down as many people as they can before ending themselves.

So don't let their numbers increase