// secrets //

// 18 years //

i was standing in front of ashton's apartment, nervously tapping my feet.

i was still deciding on if i should knock or not, i didn't want to piss him off.

it was wierd, since we had met again i got that kind of impression that he was always in bad mood, unlike ashton i used to know.

i took a deep breath and knocked.

few moments of waiting seemed like years, i even considered running away like a scared child.

when he opened the door, his eyes went wide. he didn't expect to see me after what he had said, that's for sure.

"laia?" he frowned. "you shouldn't be here." he pulled me in and closed the doors behind him.

"i brought you your clothes back."

"laia, i'm expecting someone. you picked the worst timing."

"expecting someone? like, a girl?" i furrowed my eyebrows and crossed my arms.

ashton looked at me with amusement and laughed.

" are you jealous?" he asked, smirking at me.

"what? pff, no." i said, blushing. i couldn't be more obvious.

"no, it's not a girl." he went all serious again. "thank you for the clothes, but you should go before they..."

he was interupted by sound of knocking on the doors.

"fuck." he said, pulling me to his bedroom.

"stay here. don't get out before i tell you so, get it?" ashton said and i just nodded, before he closed the doors behind me.

i heard ashton and another two male voices talking in his living room.

i could't quite understand what they were talking about, they were too quiet.

i walked around his messy room while i was waiting.

i sat on his bed and spotted a bunch of papers on his night stand.

there were some songs that i guess he wrote, and a bunch of old photographs.

one of them showed ashton and me when we were eleven.

we were sitting on a wall in front of my house, eating ice creams. ashton had ice cream all over his mouth and i was laughing at him.

i smiled at the photograph and placed it back.

a realisation that he still keeps all those photographs made my heart skip a beat.

he still cared.

sound of front door shutting warned me that whoever was in there went.