seven;; rick grimes

"Thankyou for meeting with me, Rick." I whispered while I kneeled down, sitting beside him on the steps.
"You know my name.." He asked. "I don't know yours."
"Kaylie." I slightly smiled while putting out my hand for him to shake. "The daughter of Negan."

He went to take my hand, but the moment I told him about my father; his hand instantly jolted back. To be honest, I was used to that particular response. It wasn't everyday when someone would be happy to hear about my father, or his affairs.

"I know. I know." I sighed. "The man who brutally beat two of your friends, your family member's daughter. I'm not unfamiliar to that response you had just now, Rick. Infact, the feeling is mutual."

Rick's head rose to look at me. His blue eyes glistened in the light of the moon with confusion clearly written over his entire face.
"I'm not going to sit here and justify what my father has done. I'm not that stupid, but I will say that behind all of the craziness he lets on; he means well."

"Means well.." Rick nodded. "I'm sure."
"Look." I sighed. "I can see that this is going no where."
"Damn right." He grumbled. "Why'd you ask me here, Kaylie?"

I lowered my head. What was the reason behind this meeting? Because 75% of me wasn't entirely sure. However, the other 25% of me knew exactly what I wanted to talk about. I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

"2 weeks." I mumbled. "I want you and your men packed up and ready to go in two weeks."
"Go where?" He scoffed. "We finally found a safe haven after a year on the road and then your demented father comes along."
"I know." I agreed. "Just trust me."
"I only met you today, Kaylie. You're the daughter of a man who beat my friends to death. How could I possibly trust you.? " He raised his eyebrow at me. "Besides, we ain't going anywhere with Daryl held hostage."

"I'll bring him to you, Rick." I clarified which lead his head to shoot up in shock. "I will get Daryl out of there if you promise to pack up everything you have, gather the children, the women and men; your guns, everything you can possibly carry and get the hell out of there."

"Why?" His face softened. "Why do you want to help us?"

I laughed slightly, I, myself didn't even know the answer.
"I love my father." I stated. "But I'll be damned if I sit here, watch him torture people for the rest of their lives."

Rick nodded his head in agreement. I sighed slightly before standing up.
"Two weeks, Rick." I clarified, earning a nod in agreement.
"You'll bring Daryl?"
"Yes." I sighed. "I promise"

I began to walk back to the car, but halted and turned back around to face Rick.
"Oh.. Rick?"

Rick turned back around to face me, "Yeah?"
"Daryl wanted me to tell you.." I began to talk back to him. "That 'It ain't so bad..' Whatever that means..."

Rick let out a slight chuckle before he nodded his head. "With you?"
"What?" I asked, confused.
"Daryl and I had an agreement." He chuckled while he scratched the back of his neck. "If he ever found himself falling for a girl, he's say that."

I felt my heart do a triple backflip and my stomach churn into 5000 knots. The words that Rick spoke made my mouth form the biggest smile I had formed in a long while.

"Really?" I questioned.
"Oh.." his smile slightly faded. "He hadn't told you? Great, now I'm going to get my head blasted off when he gets back.."
"No he hadn't." I laughed. "Him and I are going to have a little talk when I get back."

For the first time tonight, I noticed Rick actually smile. "Goodbye, Rick." I smiled.
"Bye, Kaylie. Thankyou."

I nodded my head before getting back into the car and pulling out of the cabin, back onto the open road.
My mind doing 360 summer saults, and I didn't even realise the group of men barricading me from leaving.

"Kaylie.." Dwight scolded as he came out from behind the group of cars. "Wait until Negan hears about this."