eight

Josh and I are in the car on our way to the cinema. I really want to enjoy tonight but after I found put about the ball I needed some of Josh his advice. And I'm sure he wasn't going to like was I was abut to say.

I hesitated forever and when I finally decided to say t we arrived at the cinema. "I got us VIP tickets so we have the best seats and a table and a few waiters to get us drinks and food." Josh gave me the biggest smile I've ever seen.

"Sounds like a date." I didn't realize what I said and when I realized it I akwardly laughed. Josh was still smiling so I probably didn't say anything wrong. We got out of the car and walked to the cinema together.

"I forgot to put on a coat." I said shaking. "Poor you." Josh said grinning. He got his coat of. "If you can wear my shirts you can also wear my coat. " Josh winked at me.

"Well yeah but later you got it off." Josh just smiled at me. "Well make sure that never happens again, my shirt, it belongs to my body, but if you like my shirt and keep wearing them, I'll keep doing that."

Well not that I think that's a problem.

Wait what did my mind just do. "Ehhh." Josh looked at me. "Something wrong?"

"Ehm... No. It's just - just - I don't know." I looked at my feet. "It's nothing. Let's enjoy the movie. Come on."

I got my hand on Josh's back and started walking to the cinema faster. Every step I took gave me more questions.

Do I like Josh? Should I tell Josh about the ball? Will he be mad? Will he trust me if I don't tell him and what if he finds out later? What if he can help me?

"Look Brendon if you're this off I don't want to go to the cinema with you. You probably wouldn't enjoy the movie. Please tell me what's going on." Josh stopped walking.

"I - I" I shook my head and sighed. "I'll tell you when we get home okay?" I realized I had to tell him now. There was no way I could talk myself out of this anymore.

It was the worst drive with Josh ever. We didn't talk and I didn't want to talk. " I think we should get a puppy. To learn responsibilities." Josh said. "Well that's fucking random." I looked at him. "It not like we're having a child right now."

"Well but I want one later. A little fella in the house. One that connects me with you, I really hope, that in the future, we can have a so-puppy, a puppy that connects us a little better since we take care of it together, not in a sexual way ofcourse but with a child, whatever we're getting it will connect me and my hu- I mean partner more. Someone to take care for. I want to be a dad later." Josh voice was soft and serious.

I wouldn't mind getting sexual with him

Okay what?

"Josh a dog has to go outside a lot. Also when it's winter. That's so much work and it will be cold and I don't think it's a smart plan for now. Maybe when I quit my job." I got comfortable in my seat.

"Well were almost home. We talk about your job later."

When Josh closed the door he got straight to the point. "So what was it what you have to tell me?" I panicked a little. "Want something to drink?" I offered him. "No I want to know what's up." Josh gave me a stern look.

"IDidSomeMoreResearchAndThereWillBeABallAndIWantToGoThereSoICanFindOutMoreAboutThePersonIHaveToFight." I said in one big breath.

"Okay Bren. Now so I can actually understand it." Josh leaned against the couch.

"This dude I have to kill goes to a ball soon and I want to know who he's working for and what his plans are. But the place is very dangerous and if get caught-"

"No you're not going there what if they kill you!" Josh yelled at my face.

"Wow you don't have to tell at me!" I realized I raised my voice

"Well sorry I care about you!" The way Josh said this made me sad but angry at the same time.

"You know I have this job! This can happen! I have to take risks!" Josh walked towards me.

"Well I always hated this fucking job of you! I never agreed with any of this! If I knew yo had this job I would never let you live in my house in the first place!"

I realized Josh was getting furious. And since I am a big loser I decided to do a stupid thing. I got mad.

"Without me you wouldn't be able to afford this place!" I saw that Josh was shocked by my reaction.

"I seriously don't get it why you have this job! Don't you care about people!? What if you die!? What do I tell the others!? Well Brendon is a assassin and kills people but this time they killed him!?"

The silence that followed pained me more than his words. The thing that was the worst of all was that Josh was close to crying.

"Well Josh I don't know I-"

"Fuck you Brendon. Get lost." He walked to his room and slammed the door.

I just stood there in silence. "Fuck." I grabbed my hair with both hands. "You stupid, stupid, stupid fuck." I felt the anger in my whole body.

I waited for me to calm down, which took my a great 40 minutes, before I decided I would talk to Josh again.

"Josh?"

There was a long silence.

"What do you want?"

"I wanna talk."

"So you can fight me again?"

"No josh. I - I get you concern but I can't help this okay. I'm raised this way. Everyone around me was like this, I'm used to it."

I heard footsteps and Josh opend the door. He wiped a tear off his face, his face was still red. I felt so guilty. He pointed at his bed. I stepped in his room and noticed it was neat. Everything had a spot and it was really clean. I sat on his bed and he closed his door.

"If someone of your group died, you'd probably grieve. But not only the group, but also your friends will grieve. I will." Josh voice was a lot calmer.

Josh walked towards me and sat next to me.

" Brendon you're not only my roommate. You're my best friend. More, you're my brother. Brendon this sounds weird but you're this important chapter in my life. I don't want to delete that."

All that Josh just said to my gave me chills. Josh stood up and walked through his room. I stood up and walked towards him. he probably heard me because he turned around.

"I'm sorry Josh." I wanted to bro hug Josh but I changed my mind last minute. This wasn't the usual bro hug we had usually, this was a 'Im so sorry for what happend please don't me sad or mad at me' hug.

What Josh told me was special.

"Dude I'm unable to breathe." Josh suddenly said.

I immediately let go. "Sorry." I akwardly scratched my head. Josh walked towards the bed again. He got his shirt of and got on his bed. "Come." He looked at me.

I walked towards him and got in his bed. Right next to him. Josh just stared at the ceiling.

"I care about you okay. Don't get killed." Josh said while closing his eyes. "I'm tired." He said soft and slow. I wanted to leave his room but he grabbed my arm. "Stay." Just stay. Nothing more.

I closed my eyes just waiting for Josh to fall asleep so I could leave.

------

Word count 1316

Sorry it's so bad ugh.