Heart Attack

Soooo, just a snapshot of Jack up there, to kinda give you an idea of how he looks :) ON TO THE STORY!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was something about them boys that was unsettling, maybe it was how they seemed to be holding back a barely controlled storm of strength and power. or maybe... it's just cause newbies are rare, and I'm on edge cause the whole 'someone keeping tabs on me' thing. I'm sure they are great people, nothing to worry about and it's just me.

Yet no matter how many times I try and convince my self of that fact, I just can't shake this feeling that something is off about them. I'm snapped out of my thoughts by Mari's hand in my face, snapping her fingers to get my attention. I draw my eyes away from the boys getting into their cars.

"You know, if your trying to be discreet with checking them out, you might not want to just openly stare at them." She says messing with me.

"W- I- You thought I was checking them out?" I try and regain my composure.

She rolls her eyes. "Its better than me knowing that you were thinking about snooping around in their business."

"How did you know I was thinking about snooping?" 

"It was written all over your face Vee, you had this look of curiosity and you were way to busy to notice your crush walked by and said 'hi'" I give her a baffled look.

My crush walked by? And I didn't notice?

"Promise me you wont snoop around in their business." She pleads with me, pulling me from my thoughts of Noah, my crush.

"I don't know Mari, something isn't right. Everyone I asked told me something way different about them, it seems like no one really knows about them."

"Promise. Me." she commands with her eyes stern telling me not to defy. How can I defy my best friend?

"Okay. Okay, I promise." I sigh giving in, but that doesn't mean I won't do it without her knowing.

"Good, and if you go back on that promise..." I wasn't told about a punishment, Shiet... an evil grin forms on her face. "you have to ask Noah out. I have to be there to see it."

A look of horror consumes me "NOOOO, no, no no, I won't do that!!" 

"Then I guess you better keep your promise, huh?"

Or just not get caught snooping....

"Oh my god, I can't believe you made me agree to this! You never told me there was gonna be a punishment!!" I protest, heading out to my cute little car, a blue and and silver Mini Cooper. Getting in, my best friend follows. 

"If I had told you that, you wouldn't have agreed." She laughs "Love yah girlie!"

I pull out of the parking lot knowing she's right....

***********************************************

Later that night I'm pacing my room deciding if I want to snoop or not. 

"No, I promised. But what if she finds out. I have to do this, but I can't let her catch me...." I converse with myself. "I'm doing it. That's final."

I sit in my chair rolling over to my desk, booting up my computer and opening up my browser. I fire up my software and start looking for a back door into the schools data bases, it seems like a simple place to start.

"Lets see what you guys are hiding..." I mumble to myself. "And, I'm in.... okay lets see, J-a-c-k  H-o-w-s-t-e-r ...." I type in his name pulling up his transcripts. "Transfer student from, Boston, interesting. Honor Roll student, parents and sister are still in Boston, why?"

I look for a while longer, not finding anything new on his transcripts. "Damn, he's squeaky clean, to clean of a record if you ask me.... why is there nothing on you?"

I jump 20 feet into the air as my computers speakers blast an alarm, someone knows I've hacked the data base, the school data base.... My body and mind go into auto pilot, I immediately  throw up my fire walls, put up my security programs scrubbing away any existence that it was me, before closing the back door in under a minute.

I breathe a sigh of relief, cursing under my breath about the close call, I think I got out in time. Steadying my heart beat and my hands, I still feel adrenaline pumping through my veins, and a twinge of disappointment at not getting nearly enough information on any of them.

Still reeling from my near heart-attack my phone rings causing me to jump and squeak till I realize what it is, I let out a nervous laugh, knowing how silly it must be that I'm so jumpy. I pick up the call assuming it's Mari. 

"Oh my gosh Mari, why are you calling so late? I was half asleep already and you scared me awake!!" I laugh a smile on my face.

"You hacked the school data base and pulled up a transcript." A hushed male voice answers, my face falls, my blood draining from my face. 

What. The. Actual. Hell.

_______________________________________________________________________

HEYO!! SOOOO what do yall think? COMMENT!!

Vote, Like and Share!!!!

-- Julia Grace Cooper