Chapter 5: Friends...or More?

Katherine's POV

"AAAAAAAH!" The man screamed under me in pure terror and pain as I feast on his warm blood.  I gulped his stained soul into mine, taking his life like the lives of all those poor victims he has killed.  All those children by his hands.  I let out a ferocious growl and yank my fangs out of his neck.  With a harsh snap of his neck, the killer falls dead on the cold ground.  Panting, I could feel the warm blood dripping from my lips, cooling on the dirt, turning into black mud. 

Dax kneeled next to his meal, drinking down the warm blood, practically licking up every last drop like a kitten drinking milk

Dax kneeled next to his meal, drinking down the warm blood, practically licking up every last drop like a kitten drinking milk.  With a deep sigh, Dax throws his head back as his fangs retreat.  His eyes rolling back in pleasure. 

"So, you say Jacob is crushing on Bella?" Dax pants out. 

I pick up my victim and begin to drag him to a fire pit, "I could smell the lust rolling off his pores from a mile away." I throw the victim into the pit.

Dax snaps his victim's neck and stands up with blood staining his face, dripping from his lips, "He won't be able to steal her heart.  The mate's bond is still strong." He bends down and picks up his victim like he was a sack of potatoes and throws him into the pit, on top of mine. 

I grab my backpack and take out a few wet wipes and begin to wipe the blood off my face, "I know.  It's the same with me.  I mean, Embry is nice, but I can only see him as a friend.  It's nice being around him though." I turn and face him. 

Dax sighs and nods, "Yeah, I know."

I throw him some wipes and take out a mirror to make sure I got rid of the blood.  So far so good, I'm clean. 

"Did I get it all?" He asks.

I point to his chin, "Still got a few drips

I point to his chin, "Still got a few drips."

He wipes them away and gives me a look that asks, 'How about now?'  I give him an 'OK' sign and throw the bloody wipes into the pit.

Oriel and Cin come strolling out of the shadows, blood trailing down their necks and staining their clothes along with their victims bodies in hand and tosses them into the pit.