2 : The Minotaur

John quickly looked at the four girls, smiling at his younger sister. He quickly took a potion from his inventory and handed it to her.

"Drink this." He ordered her. She quickly did, almost with joy. After she had finished, he turned to the three girls.

"The name's John. May I know you're names?" He asked politely.

"Hiya! I'm Yang! This is my little sister Ruby, and the mean-looking one is Blake." Yang said, smiling widely. John quickly turned around, hearing the roar of the Minotaur.

"I need time to recharge my mana. Can the four of you-" John started before the three girls suddenly dashed forward, striking at the beast multiple times. Their fight had dawn a crowd, many of them being real players who were too shocked to help them. John suddenly found his younger sister had drawn her bow and arrows and was firing relentlessly. John sighed to himself before beginning to use another Brawler Type 1 Skill called "Spirit Empowering" in which his character would stand still and regenerate his mana rapidly over a period of time.

Kara used her Archer Skill, called "Angelic Arrow", a skill that fires a charged arrow to knock the Minotaur backwards, crashing into the ground. She then used another skill, "Storm Of Arrows", to strike at the Minotaur with multiple empowered arrows from the sky. Yang suddenly appeared above the Minotaur, her fist already spouting a bright yellow flame.

"Brawler Skill, Ember Crash!" She shouted, using her flame-covered fist to slam the Minotaur into the ground even more. She then jumped away as Ruby switched with her, using her own skills.

"Reaper Skill, Crescent Slash!" Ruby shouted, slashing in mid-air. Her scythe didn't reach the Minotaur, but it fired a wave of energy at the beast keeping it pinned on the ground. Ruby then spun in the air, using yet another skill.

"Reaper Skill, Spiral Rose!" Ruby shouted, her spinning assault cutting deep into the Minotaur. Of course, the Minotaur didn't lose any limbs or body parts due to the game's laws. It lost a massive amount of health, but it stood up anyway.

Ruby ran back, allowing the Minotaur to stand up but switching with Blake. Blake jumped upwards just as the Minotaur was beginning to stand again. Her silver blade suddenly let off a noticeable black glow before she swung her arm downwards.

"Shadow Panther's Strike!" The black glow that Blake's blade had suddenly jumped outward, striking at the Minotaur. The Minotaur was forced back, but somehow stood it's ground.

"Shadow Panther's Duplicate Strike!" Blake called as she hit the ground. Instantly, another Blake appeared next to her, running along with her to strike at the Minotaur. The clone of Blake suddenly jumped upwards, slashing at the Minotaur's throat before the Minotaur used it's axe to cut the clone in half. The real Blake suddenly jumped upwards as well, although she aimed for the shoulder of the beast. Her sword impaled itself into the shoulder, but Blake pulled the sword out and jumped away from the Minotaur.

Kara looked back at her brother, then turned and shouted at the three girls.

"Move! John's done charging!" She shouted. The three girls hesitated, but eventually retreated. John smiled as the charging finished. Black and red flames suddenly spawned around him, soon creating an aura that completely consumed him.

"Brawler Advanced Skill, Demonic Dragon's Rage!" John said before charging forward, the black flames following him. The Minotaur raised it's axe, swinging it at John. John's fist crashed into the axe, colliding with it. The two strikes created an explosion, the shockwave being sent everywhere around them. The Minotaur's axe had broken, allowing John to bypass the strike and use his right arm to finish the beast off.

John landed violently, lying down on the green grass that had reappeared after the Minotaur's defeat. The window saying "Final Strike Bonus! Super Rare Item Acquired!" popped up in front of him. He smiled, slowly clicking the "OK" button on the window.

"John!" Kara shouted, running towards him. Ruby, Yang, and Blake also ran, although they gave each other skeptical looks. John jumped up from the ground, smiling.

"Sorry. Looks like I got all of the glory." John said, smiling. "Although, the prize doesn't really warrant me any use."

John showed the four girls his prize for having killed the Minotaur by merely opening an item window and turning it to them. "Super Rare Item : NightShade" were the words that the window displayed, but the weapon was not one fit for any of the "Brawler" class. It was a long, black katana that had a red ribbon attached to the hilt of the blade.

"It fits Blake more than anyone." Ruby said unconsciously. When everyone looked at her in surprise, she suddenly became very shy.

"I-I'm sorry!" she shouted for no reason.

"Ruby's right though. It suits the assassin class." Yang said, looking at the stat boosts the weapon gave.

"But what do you want for it?" Blake asked directly, noticing the change in John's eyes. She was expecting some perverted male response when John bowed down to them.

"Please, make a guild with my little sister." John asked, still bowing. Blake and Ruby were shocked at his gesture, stunned to the point of not be able to respond. Yang walked up to him, pulling him up.

"Sure! But you have to join too!" She said, slinging her arm around his neck. She flashed him a smile, to which he suddenly returned.

"Sure."

---

"So what was that beast doing in the meadow?" Blake asked hours later, as the five were celebrating the new creation of their guild, "The Crusaders Of Dawn." Yang, Ruby, and Kara were all dancing to the music as the two introverted members sat with each other at a very distant table.

"I'm not sure. It was a boss though, but I don't think it was the floor boss. Maybe...." John thought to himself for several seconds.

"Maybe it was a boss that was pushed out by the another boss...." John said. Blake's amber eyes suddenly looked at him.

"That's impossible." she breathed.

"Blake, we no live in a world where we are trapped in a video game, being forced to fight 100 bosses to leave. Adding in that we get to level up, use sword skills, and even die in real life should we die here I think that anything is possible at this point." John said, shaking his head. He suddenly stood up, looking at her again.

"Only one way to find out if what I said was true. Want to go and find the first floor boss ourselves?" he asked, his hand extended to her.