Internally

I am not just any other person who you'll meet; you don't know my story. You don't know the struggles that I face when I have to do every day tasks. Maybe you never will know my struggles, or how I live my everyday life; maybe you do. Who am I to  judge? 

Although, just because you can't see my illness, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. You will never know how hard it was for me to accept who I am, and who I have grown into. But that's okay; I'm not bitter anymore.  Just do not tell me that Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is a made up illness.  

"A chronic condition including attention difficulty, hyperactivity, and impulsiveness. Can't be cured.... can last for years or be lifelong .... " (Google). There have been days when I stare at google wondering if there is any way in which my life could get better; where I will completely break down crying, wishing that I didn't have ADHD. "...[M]ay struggle with low self-esteem, troubled relationships and poor performance in school..." (Mayo Clinic).  I was alienated the majority of my life, and all these facts didn't make my self criticism any better. I was so upset with something that I couldn't control; I felt worthless. "...[T]reatment won't cure ADHD..." (Mayo Clinic), I didn't feel like getting up to take on the day. My heart both metaphorically and literally felt heavier. 

Time has healed what people couldn't. I now have the support of people that are there for me all of the time. You are supported by many, and you will never be alone.