Chapter 1

All in all it had been a good day. They Team had been sent on a covert mission... Which of course didn't stay covert. But they caught the bad guys and didn't even cause an international incident! They were giving their report to Batman and everything was going good. That is... until it all went down the drain...

"Warning unknown energy impulse detected..." Everyone in the cave froze.

Suddenly a blue ball of energy appeared. The team all got into fighting positions. Batman pulled out a Bat-A-Rang "Everyone stand ready!"

In the center of the energy a pod of some sorts started to form. A second later the rest of the energy dissipated and the pod fell to the ground. The whole room got very quiet as a door opened and gloved hands could be seen emerging from the smoke. Everyone tensed as a boy wearing a white and red suit with brown hair jumped out. "Tah-Da!"

Alarms started blaring "Intruder alert! Intruder alert!"

Batman turned to the computer "Lock down cave doors!"

Wally looked over at Robin "I guess we found our energy impulse..." the later just rolled his eyes.

The figure put a hand to his chin "Impulse... That's so crash! Catchy, dramatic, one word! Like Nightwing and..." he looked around. "Um where's Nightwing?"

Robin gave him a questioning look "Who's Nightwing?" he thought that was a name he had come up with by himself.

Impulse looked over at him "No no no no NO!" he ran over to him and started looking him over. "No! You're supposed to be Nightwing not Robin! Tim Drake is Robin!" he looked around and spotted something else. "And you!" he ran over to Wally and Artemis "You're supposed to be taking a break from the hero business!" he looked at everyone else in the room. "This isn't right..." he ran to his pod then came back with a book. With super speed he flipped through it until he found his page. "Ha! Here! On February 28th 2016 the only people at the cave should be Nightwing, Beast Boy, and Robin. But not this one!" he ran back over to Robin "Why are you here?! In the book it says Dick Grayson becomes Nightwing in late 2014! So why are you still Robin?!"

Robin and the team just gapped at him just gapped at him "How did you know my name?"

Impulse pointed at a page "'Cause it's in the book. Trust me you can't get history books like this one!"

Artemis glared at Robin "'We'll laugh about this someday!' Really?!"

He smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of his neck "I thought it was funny..."

Wally clapped him on the shoulder "Nice one..." Robin just sighed.

"This is all wrong!" Impulse ran into the kitchen and came back with a newspaper in one hand with his book under his arm, while eating a banana in the other hand. He leaned against his pod as he flipped through the paper. "Wow actual Newspapers... I guess print isn't quit dead yet... Now where's the date?!" he kept searching until he finally found it. He face palmed and slid down the side of his pod "February 28th 2011! Really?!" he put his head in his hands "I am so feeling the mode right now..." he stood up again and started pacing.

The team watched him as he talked to himself "Now what is he doing?"

Impulse kept going in a circle as he tried to sort things out "Ok so I'm five years too far back in the past it could be worse. I could have gone too late. So here are my options... the first and most boring is to just wait around five years until the Blue Beatle mantle gets passed on again and Neutron shows up. I could keep Ted Cord from ever dying and stop Nathanial! Then that would fix everything!" he stopped "But I think I would go insane from waiting that long..." he continued pacing then suddenly snapped his fingers "I know!" he picked up the book and started flipping through it "I can use Grandpa's cosmic treadmill to go five years into the future!" he found the page then threw the book onto the ground "At least I COULD... if it hadn't been destroyed two months ago not to be rebuilt until 2017!" he sat back down on the floor and pouted "Sometimes I really hate my life..."