Where it All Started

A little over three years ago everything was going smooth on a Saturday morning at work then all of a sudden.

Alex: Somebody help! She's crashing!!!

(Ashley the nurse in charge came running)

Ashley: Seniora?! Are you ok? Are you ok?! Seniora?! Wake up! She doesn't have a pulse! Aj! Go get the crash cart, Sally! Call rescue. Let's put her on the floor and start CPR on the count of three! One, two, three!....

Everything happened so fast, All Ashley could remember is her being by the head of the patient, in charge of giving breaths, looking at some of her staff still in shock ( most of them were new) so she wasn't surprised at all and Alex counting one, two, three, four.... as he was doing chest compressions. In her head, well I guess it's just me and trust that this guy know the heck he was doing! Her wandering thoughts got snapped back to reality when the AED started to command:

Analyzing rhythm!! DO NOT TOUCH THE PATIENT! Analyzing rhythm...Shock advised!

Ashley: Clear!
Alex: Clear!

...Analyzing rhythm... Do not touch the patient...no shock advised, Continue doing CPR!

Alex: Her tongue is getting bigger and obstructing her breathing! I'm going to start intubating! I'm a certified paramedic I can do it.

Ashley: ok! Let's switch! One, two, three...

Adrenaline rushing in already when 5 minutes of CPR is done and no response yet from the patient Ashley on her mind is praying that may this not be her first patient's death on her might be short lived two-year history of nursing life.

Analyzing rhythm... do not touch patient! Pulse detected check patient.

Patient has pulse! Exclaimed Ashley with excitement on her face however her breathing is still not normal, so rescue breathing is being given. Then suddenly Sally shouted across the room...RESCUE IS HERE!!!!

Ashley was just relieved that FINALLY!, the longest 5 minutes wait for help is here! They finally took the patient after giving report to the captain.

Still in shock, Ashley took a breather in the back of the clinic hoping that her patient will be alright and thinking how she and her man crush Saturday saved the day! She started making phone calls after she regained courage and caught her breath. She called her manager, the doctor, the family members and was documenting on the computer when Alex caught up with her.

Alex: Hey Ashley, do you need some help? I could help you out, just let me know. (Alex Smiled)

Ashley: Thank you Alex, but I think I could handle it from here, by the way, thank you for your help earlier. (Ashley smiled back at Alex)

Alex: That's nothing, I work as a first responder aside from here, so I am trained to do CPR it's not a big deal.
He paused for a moment and then he said,.. Uhm I know you are busy but I was asking Jay earlier how to say things in your language before this thing happened, I just want to let you know...

(Alex pulled out a piece of paper in his pocket and read it aloud)

Alex: "Ang ganda mo at gusto kita." And stared at Ashley with his blue-green dropped dead gorgeous eyes and with a cute and witty smile.

Ashley shocked and probably blushing red like a tomato, hyperventilating from the inside, wanting to take another breather or even puke but caught up with the moment.
Before she could even flirt back, she became aware of the reality that she is the charge person of the workplace that day and besides she didn't want that she will be perceived as an easy target by this guy so smiled back at Alex shyly and asked him, do you even know what that means?

Alex said of course! It means that you're beautiful and I like you... And I was wondering if I could get your number?

Ashley playing it off, said oh! Well.. as she stuttered a little bit and cleared her throat. I happened to want to call you the other day too just didn't have your number.

Alex: really?!

Ashley: Yeah! For work you know, sometimes were short.

Alex: oh, (looked a bit disappointed) I'm only available Saturdays because I work at an ambulance company as I told you earlier.

Ashley: oh ok still, I can have you as backup just in case you are available you know? let me have your phone (enters number and called her cell) well, I can call you now whenever we need somebody!

Alex: (chuckles) definitely! Thank you.

Ashley: no, thank you!... uhm (with an awkward and blushing face) I should go back to work.

Alex: yeah, me too. (Walks back to his work station awkwardly).

Where does this awkwardness leading to?! Find out soon!