Part Fifteen

ANGELICA

Her lips were ever so dangerously close to his. The mixture of their breathing became intoxication for Gabriel. She could see it in his eyes.

She had never seen him so happy before. He was cold and ruthless towards her. Taking her away from her home, forcing her to marry him, littering her body with harsh bruises, all because of lust. She could tell by the way that he looked at her, that he loved her. But it never made her feel warm inside. So far, she hadn't felt any butterflies with him. Only chills of fear down her spine.

She had no idea what he was to do with her, in the long run, apart from being his wife and bearing his children. Although she's always wanted a long term life plan to include being a wife and a mother, she didn't expect it to be with him. She wanted to be with someone as passionate as she was for helping those in need. She wanted to help children in Malaria ridden countries, live in Africa, travel and use her medicinal skills in areas remote to the cities of the world.

Yet here she lay in the arms of a man who has so mercilessly ripped her away from that dream. There she lay in the arms of a man who so ruthlessly marked her skin. There she lay in the arms of a man who was a King to his men. King to the underworld. Who knows what it entailed? Killing, rape, murder, drugs, abuse and most certainly kidnap. Zooming away from her thoughts, Angelica saw Gabriel stare at her lips and moving ever so closely. She didn't want to be forced into anything. Not after that incident when she was a young girl. Squeezing her eyes shut, she felt Gabriel lightly peck her cheek.

"I will not force you to do anything you do not want, angel". Lifting her off of him, Angelica was standing again, watching her 'husband' stand in front of her.

"Come. I would like to try some of your beautiful orange cake. Ever since I tried it, I have eaten a slice nearly everyday", he lightly mused.

That was it! She thought to herself. Someone came in every four days and ordered a WHOLE cake made by her. At first she was flattered, but hearing him say this, she didn't know what to think.

Slowly backing away from her now husband, she cut the cooled orange cake into slices and served him one on a plate.

Watching him eat, she began to giggle.

GABRIEL

'She's giggling?'.

Gabriel watched his wife intently. She looked drunk almost. Tipsy? Had she drank something?

Watching her shake her head, her smile faltered slightly. Her eyes began to glisten.

"Angel...what's wrong?", Gabriel asked in his deep and dominating voice.

Her eyes snapped up to his, as her lips formed a thin line. Even when angry or upset, she was beautiful. How he wished he could hold her close. Yes, he admitted that he had done wrong, but an apology wouldn't cut it. He would need to beg her for forgiveness. Something, he had NEVER done.

"My father...I was remembering my father...". There was silence. He knew what had happened to her father, and somehow under his cold exterior, he felt sad for her. He knew everything about her, yet she knew nothing about him. It was only a matter of time before she began to wonder who her husband really was. What he really did.

He sighed sadly.

No woman as pure as she would want him for a husband. He may have the money and the looks, but that's all women wanted. Fame and fortune was what most of the women around him lived for. Craved. Yet he was never interested. He never thought he would find someone like Angelica.

If they had been in love for years and he lost his fame and wealth, he knows she would still stick by him. Support him as he would support her. Luckily he has all this money to spoil her with. She was constantly on her feet with University and the cafe, that she never had alone time. Relaxing time. It was what she deserved. She was willing to give away her life to help those that had less than she did, and he loved it. It was the most beautiful quality to have, and not many around him graced it.

Yes, he took her for lust, her beauty, but deep down, he took her for a life companion. So someone would understand him and his ruthless ways.

"Every time I see you in the corner of my eye, you brush against the marks... I gave you...". Realisation struck him as he growled. Someone had done this to her before. He could feel it.

He saw his angel shudder in fear.

This, was going to be a long night.

To my amazing readers,

Thank you so much for the support and patience. It hasn't gone unnoticed! I hope all of you have had a great beginning to the Christmas month and are enjoying themselves. As I am travelling around the world on Monday, I am going to try and update at least twice before Sunday evening/Monday morning.

Love you all for your support!! Also, sorry this one is short! The next ones won't be!

Yours Truly,

M.