Prologue

"Yasmin david get up it's almost noon" My mom screams from downstairs.

"ugh! mah please 2 more minutes than i'll be up" I scream. I hear footsteps walking up the stairs. I know what's about to happen so i grip my blanket tight. 

"non! now get up and get started with your packing for tomorrow you'll be leaving for New York. Your packing won't get done by itself and start taking responsibility like a big girl you're no more in high school." she pulls my blanket hard and soon cold envelopes me.

Since i have graduated from High School all i can think about is sleep, sleep and sleep i mean i have become so lazy that i can hardly walk two steps outside of my bed and tomorrow i have to get started with a new phase of my life. The uni life or in simple words NYU life. I Am sad to leave my family behind but at the same time very excited to start my new life and make new friends. 

I get up from my bed as soon as my mom walks out of my door I make a beeline towards my washroom so that i could get get done with my morning business. When iam done i change my cloths and walk out but soon my phone starts to ring. That ladies and gentleman is my most sensible and loving friend lillian calling. As soon as i attend the call i hear whimpers and after that a very raspy voice of my friend greets me "hay minmin" she says and soon my senses gets into alert mode "are you weeping?" i ask her. "noo..no.oo" she says but i know she is lying so i ask her again "i know you're lying so no need to hide it from me but why are you really crying did that asshate of your boyfriend do something? oh lord help me I am so going to kill him if he had." i ask while fuming. Her boyfriend is an A grade loser who has nothing better to do than to make my friend miserable. 

"no..no jacob..bb is fine theree has be..en no fight..tt for a longg..g time" she hiccups. "so why the hell are you crying than?" i ask. "because i'll miss you" and after that she starts sobbing. awww now i feel sad. lillian has been my best friends since junior high but we are close like we have known each other throughout our lives. 

"hay moron stop crying or you'll make me cry too and you know when i cry i look like a dying whale and that's not a good sight to see." that makes her chuckle a bit and a smile creeps up on my face too.  

" i'll see you when i get back home for my holidays so don't worry we will see each other again"and she agrees with me. We talk for a little while longer afterwards i get going on with my work which is pack my bags. lillian has gone with her family for vacations so she can't be with me one last time. oh well we'll get together some other time. with that thought in my mind i get started with my task on hand and in no time I am done with it too. I go downstairs to have one last dinner with my family before the other day arrives at my doorstep.