Chapter Four

We all stood there, completely shocked at what we had all just witnessed. Florence was never a violent person intentionally and I do not believe that even she knew how to respond to making a small group of vampires die instantly.

"W-What, how did I do that?" Florence asked, looking down at her body, as if she were waiting for a sign of physical change.

Montgomery slowly approached her "Florence, just let Samuel walk over to Rosalyn and we can sit down and discuss this"

Florence stared at him, instantly knowing that he too was frightened by this new sign of power.

She shook her head "Montgomery, I-I'm scared"

Seeing Florence so scared of herself only hurt me to watch. I looked over at Heath, who still looked at her lovingly. Even during a time like this, all he wanted to do was protect her and keep her safe, even if it meant keeping her safe from herself.

"Is no one else going to ask what just happened?" Kherington asked, walking up to Montgomery.

"Kherington, this is not your place to decide anything. This coalition is Montgomery's, which means we follow his decision" Claude said, holding his arm as if he had been injured.

Montgomery looked at everyone "If you have an injury, I will help to the best of my ability. That goes for everyone"

I tried my best to pay attention to Montgomery, but all I could focus on was how shaken up Florence was. She was physically shaking from what she had done and all I wanted to do was help her.

"Cordelia, Heath, please take Florence to my office. Everyone else that is not hurt, please help those injured into the dining room and I will be with you all shortly" Montgomery said, walking away.

I noticed that as he did so, he was limping. He was ignoring his own injury to help everyone else and the stress was clear in his body language.

Heath and I walked over to Florence, both of use taking one of her hands as we led her inside the manor.

"I-I just do not understand how this has happened" she whispered. Her voice cracking in the process.

Heath rubbed her arm "Do not worry, I am sure there is an answer behind this"

Everyone was staring at her as we walked past them, all expressions different from one another.

"They are all staring at me as if I were some kind of monster" she whispered.

I shook my head "Everyone is just so confused by it, just as much as you"

We slowly made our way up the staircase, trying to get to Montgomery's office as quickly as possible, despite how heavy and sluggish her body felt.

Heath and I kept exchanging glances, trying to communicate without frightening her anymore than she already was.

She walked in front of us, as we entered the office and she sat down on the couch, slumping down in defeat.

Heath sat down beside her, taking her hand, while I leaned against Montgomery's desk, hoping that Montgomery would be able to answer her questions.

"What if Montgomery thinks I'm dangerous to the coalition and throws me out?" she asked, getting teary eyed.

I shook my head "Montgomery would never throw you out of this coalition for something such as that. You have no control and if this really is a new gift then we will treat it as such"