Prologue

(Y/n's voice)

Water

Earth

Fire

Air

Long ago the four elements live together in harmony. Then everything changed when a phenomenon now known as "quirks" occurred. Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could maintain the peace, but when the world needed him most Avatar Pong, the well-known pro hero AvaPaang, died. Now I'm looking for the new Avatar, who should be a water bender like me. I've spent years honing my skills so I could attend UA, where I might be able to find them. Because I believe the Avatar can save the world.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

The first water bending move your Gram taught you was how to push and pull the waves back and forth. She would crouch down to your eye level and demonstrate it slowly so you could get the wrist motion just right.
"A natural born water bender, just like your mother." She complimented you as you bent the water together at the beach closest to your house. "You'll become a water bending master before you know it, y/n."
"Like Kawa? She's learning to water bend too, right?" You said, referring to your sister. "Will I be able to grow things like she can?"
"I'm afraid not. She inherited your father's quirk. Your mother never had a quirk, only bending. That's what you have." She smiled gently. "Bending is different from quirks, but you can't tell anybody that, ok?" You nodded.
"We can only bend water. Pau can bend air. Only the avatar can bend more than one element, right Gram?"
"That's right, y/n. Only the avatar can bend all four." Gram had been telling you the stories of past avatars for years. Grand adventures from long ago.
"Who is the avatar right now?" You questioned. "The last avatar was AvaPaang, but you said he was gone, like mom and dad."
"Well, we don't know who the next avatar is yet. They're still growing up. Just like you." You paused to think, still bending the waves slightly.
"Can I find them?" Gram chuckled lightly.
"If you try hard enough you can do anything, my little water lily." She used her favorite nickname for you.
"I'll do it. I'm going to find the avatar one day and help them." You said, determined to succeed. You were only five at the time you said those words, but you stuck to them. You would become a master water bender and help the avatar establish peace. You knew it.
And where else would you find the avatar besides UA?

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊