Chapter 1

The color of Jade appeared before me. A thin layer of white was placed around this malevolent color; in the center a small, black sphere took form. I wondered what was before me and suddenly the picture became clearer, strands of thin black hair-like fibers popped out of the top of the oval. Two eyes were formed; this captivated me, I had felt as though something was engulfing my body. The warmth had absorbed my body and I had somehow felt free. A small nose appeared along with a thin jaw line; the slim cheeks complimented the fully formed face. Bushy eyebrows were centered directly above the eyes along with short blonde hair. This lean man opened his mouth only to shut once more. "Who are you?" I tried to scream but words would not form. He had then vanished before my eyes leaving an empty black plane.

"Was it only a dream?" I open my eyes only to stare at the ceiling, each corner was a different color yet the middle stayed white. I rise only to notice that I had left my door opened as I slept. I thought I had closed it though... The day started out as if it was any other. "Mom...! Dad! Morgana! Evan! Is anyone home?" I walked down the stairs only to see my brother, sister, and mother sitting at the table crying. "Embrena you need to sit down." Almost 40 minutes later I was curled into a ball on my bed. "Emma... He left, he's actually gone. " A loud gasp creeps out of my phone and my best friend lies on the other line silently. "I'm so sorry; do you want me to come over?" I sniffled and tears crept out of my eyes. "No... I am going to go for a walk to clear my mind." I stated as I shoved my words down my own throat. "I love you sweetie, come back safe." Emma stated. Had they even known what day it was? Had he even seen how much I was hurt? Had he even cared?

Step by step I walk closer to the park. "Amber, I am sorry! You can't blame me." A man screams at a woman. "You cheated!" She screamed back after she slapped him then walked away. Rapidly I darted my head towards a crowd filled with men, one man with red eyes and blonde hair was making eye contact with me. He approached me only to freeze in place; his tall body was so close that I could feel his breath on my head. "You can see me?" His words sent a shiver down my spine. Coincidentally another man tripped over a rock and almost fell on me. "Watch out!" A short man with curly red hair screamed as his red eyes glimmered in the sunlight. "Alex don't shoot!" The blonde haired man screeched as he reached for the other man. Time stood still, an arrow flew towards me. With every second the arrow grew closer, at the tip was a shiny red heart filled with pink liquid. Instead of hitting an object, the arrow hit me.

A sharp pain grew in my left arm. I could feel my life force drain away every ounce of blood felt as if it was being sucked from my body. My organs were failing and my breath was slipping away, I was dying a slow and painful death. Why is this happening to me? I want it to stop! It hurts so badly! Please somebody, anybody help me. "Please" I whispered as a tear fell from my tear duct. Screaming replaced the silence yet a black blur was all I could see. "Alex!" The blonde haired man screamed. I opened my eyes with no pain at all, was I dead? A black bow appeared in my still hand, as it twitched my limbs slowly regained feeling. I stood only to see a crowd of people surrounding the man, his body laid unconscious. "Alex!" The man cried as he keeled on the ground.

His head pivoted towards each and every person as he looked so confused, his eyes landed on me. "It-... Oh my... It's true." He barely said as his breath slipped away. "M-my name is Mason, I know you may be very confused. But I will tell you everything you need to know, it will just take some time. Come with me and it will all be okay." It was very easy to tell that he was hurting. "W-Where is Emma, she'll keep me calm." His hand slowly inched towards my shoulder. "I only heard that this could happen... Miss... Can you tell me your name?" For some reason I didn't trust him. I gulped and blinked rapidly, "Ember." He smiled with tears in his eyes, "Ember, have you ever fallen in love?" He asked so bluntly with a blank expression.