Our First Dive

After a couple weeks of in class training and practicing in the pool we were ready to do a dive in the ocean. We packed all of our gear in the trucks and headed down to Corona Del Mar state beach. Once we got there, we laid all our gear out. Our dive master (the guy training us) went over a quick briefing and and we started getting dressed in our wet suits and tanks. Once we were ready to head out to the water, we started walking across the beach sand... in all of that gear it's very heavy and hard to move around but we soon made it to the water. We dove down and spent about 45-50 minutes underwater and finally came up to the surface. We inflated our jackets to keeping us floating, but my dive buddy Ian accidentally hit the deflate button and started to sink back to the bottom of the ocean and we started to laugh. Once he was okay and resurfaced, we headed back to shore. Part of our pre-dive check was writing down our beginning tank pressure. We all started at about 3,000psi. At the end of the dive you're supposed to write your end pressure. Most of our group were experienced and comfortable under water and they resurfaced with about 1,300psi which is really good. I had resurfaced at 1,150 and Ian had 800psi. As long as we were surfaced or on our way up by 500 psi we were fine. We had a great dive and spent the rest of the day at the beach.