Chapter Eighteen

Zayn

The best way to describe the way our tour works, is to think of a bunch of five year olds running around with their parents chasing them down to take the handfuls of dirt out of their mouths. It didn't make sense, but our complete childish sides came out when we had arenas to ourselves. Paul was currently running after Harry who had stolen his phone. It honestly was like watching a mother chase her child. The only difference? They got paid to deal with us.

We had been running around and wasting all our energy for at least an hour, before I called it quits. Louis, however, seemed full force still and was trying to hijack a forklift. I knew better than to stick around and watch the events unfold, so I decided to find the kitchen. 

"You look like you just ran a marathon," Capris grinned as she fell into step with me. "Are you going to get food?"

"Yeah," I replied.

"Same. Mind if I walk with you?" 

"Not at all. How're you enjoying tour so far? It's a bit different than every day life," I chuckled a bit as we made our way through the halls. We passed a few crew members, all of whom were too busy doing their job to pay attention to us. 

"Oh, only a tiny bit. I mean, I totally get catered food every day and have to wear a name badge everywhere I go at home. This is typical stuff. It's almost like I never even left," she said which made me snort. "It's weird, though. I have nothing to do but hang out with people I've never met and try to come up with songs that have to do with your lives. And it doesn't help that Louis hates me."

"Louis doesn't hate anyone," I denied. 

"He sure doesn't like me. But enough about me, how's Joelle? When is she coming to visit? I really liked her, we had a lot in common, I think." Capris changed subjects just as we came upon the room that had 'Sarah's Kitchen' written on a sheet of paper that was taped to the door. It was relatively empty, except for Josh and Dan who were comparing Keek videos. 

The girl flashed into my mind, the brown curly hair with those green eyes that couldn't have been any greener. I could practically feel my heart sink into my toes. "Haven't talked to her lately."

"When you say lately, how lately is that?" Capris asked and when I turned to her, she had her right eyebrow upwards and I huffed out in annoyance. She already seemed to know the answer.

"Since we left."

"That was over two weeks ago." 

I could hear it in her voice that she was curious. She didn't understand our relationship, just like anyone else I had told about it. They all saw it as some kind of friends with benefits thing, when it all reality it was the complete opposite. We had our first kiss almost a month into the relationship, and other than that? All we did was hold hands. I hardly call those 'benefits'. It didn't make sense to people, and it was starting to confuse myself as well. It made so much sense in the beginning, because all I wanted to do was get to know her. Find out what she was really like, because her silence was what stood out to me the most.