It's Tough Right Now.

It had been three months exactly since everything had changed.

Three months since the accident took the their parents away; Three months since they had been talked to and moved around by a broken system. Three months and already a new foster family.

Leo had this bad feeling in the pit of stomach about this foster family they seemed so off and to be honest he didn't like the way this foster father looked at his sister.

A few weeks into this foster family and Leo was right to have the feelings he had been having since day one.  The teen was just about to head out deciding he should tell his sister maybe see if she wanted to join him. 

Leo pushed open her bedroom door as it so happened it was just in time; this creepy foster father was trying to make an advance on Penny.  It happened really fast because Leo didn't hesitate he just acted. 

Leo pulled their Foster father off his sister and shoved him to the ground he didn't stop there he started beating the shit out of the guy. Penny moved back until her back hit the wall and she was terrified.  

The foster father managed a few hits but Leo wasn't going to stop beating him, the foster mother stumbled upon the scene and called the cops. Penny gathered some courage and called her brother." Leo.. Leo Stop.. She's calling the police."  Leo did stop he got off the foster father and turned to his sister.

" We have to go." he said firmly. Penny nodded and then Leo helped her pack her bags before packing his own.

They left.

~~~~~~

Three hours later Leo and his sister were at least a town away from that family.

The pair were walking silently down the side walk with their bags on; it was dark and rainy but they didn't mind the rain. 

Penny looked up at her big brother as they walked she bit her inner lip and then looked down. " Thank you." She said softly. Leo looked toward her." You don't have to thank me. You know i'm here to protect you." He said honestly. 

Penny looked at him " Does it hurt?" she asked. Leo shook his head slowly. " No i'm fine.." he trailed off.

It hurt of course it did. But Leo was strong for his sister so he didn't let that show.

" Where are we going to sleep?" Penny asked softly. 

Leo sighed and ran his hands through his hair slowly. " I uhm.. i'm not sure. " he admitted." But i'll find a place i promise." he said as he looked around for a moment. 

Leo spotted a motel and pulled his sister toward it "Here seems as good a place as any."  he said.

Penny nodded slowly as she followed him.

They got a cheap room one bed and a couch something small.  

" I'll take the couch." Leo said as he set his bag down on the table, Penny put her bag on the floor before going into the bathroom to grab two towels. " Okay" she said as she tossed him a towel before they dried off a bit.

" Get ready for bed." Leo said as Penny grabbed her pjs and went to change into them.

Leo quickly changed into some dry clothes himself before hanging his wet ones up to dry; Leo sighed and ran his fingers through his hair slowly. Leo had no idea what to do they just ran off and he had no plan. Nothing. No where to go.

Penny came out and laid on the bed she looked at her big brother in thought as she moved to lay back pulling the blanket up slowly. " So what are we going to do ?" She asked softly. Leo looked toward her he bit his inner lip before going to sit beside her. " I'm working on a plan okay? I just need some time." he said honestly. 

  " It's just gonna be a little tough right now." Leo said softly.  

Penny nodded and looked at him." Okay. " Leo looked at her. " It's you and me. " he put his hand up to her. Penny took his hand as they looked at each other.  " You and me against the world." Leo said softly. Penny smiled as she gripped his hand." Always." She said softly.

Leo smiled and kissed her head." get some sleep Penny." he said as he got up and went over to fix the couch into a little bed for himself. 

Once they were settled he turned the lights off and tried to get some sleep.