Catching The Hunt

Law may have been called the god of unbreakable and unstoppable determination but even someone like him was feeling like giving up on this now, it was a charade.

The hunter has been shouting and bossing him around while sitting on top of his shoulders, for two whole damned hours now!!

An irritated tick mark formed on his temple and he began to shout, "LUFFY-YA WHY CAN'T YOU JUST RUN AND LEAD THE WAY!?" This was finally getting to the last straw!

The teen just gave him a blank stare from above, like the answer was that obvious, "..I can't walk...remember?" .....Oh...OHHHHH.

The death god's cheeks dusted light pink at the sudden memory of making Luffy shout at the top of his lungs and shamelessly rut against him...man was that fun.

Law slowly drifted off into space as he sped across the shadowy forest grounds, spooking nearby falcons and woodpeckers, until Luffy suddenly started to shout and pull on his hair to make the other skid to a immediate stop.

Not expecting the momentum afterward, in the process Luffy went flying off the older's back which ended up with him dangling in front of Law and somehow still keeping a grip on his silky short locks.

The two just stayed there and stared into each other's sparkling orbs of light and darkness, feeling completely hypnotized in the other's stare until Law finally reacted.

"Let go of my hair.." Luffy blinked and nervously chuckled as he dropped back down onto the ground, before he could even apologize, a loud thump in the distance caused a ton of forest creatures into a panic as they all fleed from the same direction heading right to the two gods.

Luffy whipped his head around and danced through the wave of deer, pigs, rabbits, bears and birds as they all almost knocked him over and trampled him alive, Law on the other hand just fazed right through them...yeah, there were some pretty sweet perks with ruling the underworld.

Like having the ghosts and spirits down there teach you how to do cool stuff like that..and maybe you got free cake but that's beside the point!

After they all disappeared into the thicket of vegetation, Luffy grinned as he looked in the direction they all came from.

"Traffy~ I think we just found our meal~" as Luffy began to wobbly head in that direction Law quickly blocked his path and scowled down at the smiling teen.

"If you can't walk then you damn well can't fight that thing Luffy-ya"

Unexpectedly Luffy's face darkened as he felt insulted, he was the god of the hunt! He never turned down one as long as he was alive, even if he was 'injured'!

"I am the god of the hunt, so I'm gonna hunt that boar and eat it up with you!" Luffy childishly pouted as he took a glance over Law's shoulder.

His eyes widened to the size of basketballs as he paled considerably and started sweating bullets, the boar...was right...behind Law...and it did not look very happy.

"L-Law, behind you" the death god furrowed his brows until the boar let out a huge puff of air hitting the raven's back, causing his coat to fluff up.

The god grimaced as he sighed in frustration as he closed his eyes in exhaustion, "I'm not gonna like this...am I?" He reluctantly turned around and faced the huge demon boar right between it's evil red eyes.

Law's face became ghostly white as his entire body became ridged on the spot.

OH SHIT...THEY FUCKED UP BIG TIME NOW.

The demon let out a huge roar as Law bolted from the enraged beast dragging the now screaming hunter behind him, all you could hear from the two gods were jumbled up screams and a few words like 'YoU idIOt!' or 'Go fAstER iT's gAIniNg oN Us!'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seemed like Law finally lost the monster as he cautiously made his way into a grassy open field, there were no more signs of the creature being anywhere near them considering it was deathly quiet.

Law sighed in relief, and was just about to head into the forest again when something caught his mind.

'Wait...silent?' The death god strained his ears and indeed there were no birds chirping or the sounds of any wildlife at all...which means..they were scared off.

Luffy gasped when what seemed like an explosive went off behind them and caused the two to go flying apart, in the blow, the hunter banged his knee and scraped an elbow, but once he finally had a good grip on the ground he looked up to see what happened.

The demon boar was right in the middle of the field as he stared them both down with a bloodthirsty glare.

With a smile Luffy stood up and faced the creature, then he noticed that Law had badly banged his head, leaving him defenseless as he was unconscious, Luffy wasn't happy, and got pissed that he'd have to do this himself and that there was a chance other god possibly got fatally wounded.

"HEY LOOK WHAT YOU DID TO MY BOYFRIEND YA JERK!!" Luffy pointed an accusing finger at the beast and it just snarled in return.

The teen just sighed and looked at Law's unconscious form with a small smile, "don't worry Law, I'll take care of our dinner, just don't die on me or anything, ne?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Law clenched his eyes as he slowly pried them open, the sun immediately stung his eyes as he groaned and looked away while he rose.

His head felt like he got hit by a horse carriage...a really fast one.

He looked around and noticed he was back at the entrance to the forest near the foot of Mt. Olympus...what?

He looked around again to find himself all alone, "Luffy-ya?" Law called out his lover's name but got no answer...he...he didn't leave him...did he?

"LUFFY-YA!?" Law's voice sounded a bit more desperate this time as he hollered out his name, he couldn't have been left behind, no, that would break his heart.

There was a moment of silence, making Law's heart sink until a familiar voice called out, "what!? What!?" Luffy ran into the pasture in a hurry and accidentally tripped all over himself in his rush until he landed right in front of Law.

"WHAT IS IT!? WHAT'S WRONG!? WHERE'S THE DANGER!?" Luffy was bandaged from head to toe and looked like a living mummy in Law's opinion, "w-what happened?" To say that the death god was worried would be an understatement, seeing Luffy wrapped up like that made his protective senses go all, 'WEEOOWEEOOWEEOO!"

The hunter blinked and nervously chuckled, "well...see, the demon boar attacked us from behind and you were knocked unconscious, so I had to fight it by myself, then once I beated him up I dragged you and our yummy dinner back here!"

Law sweat dropped at his short explanation and freaked when he noticed the dead demon boar right behind him, its two dead eyes haunting the very abyss of his soul, he gawked at the corpse of the beast in absolute awe before turning to Luffy.

"Now come on Traffy! Imma gonna call the others back so we can all eat!" As the younger god fumbled around with what seemed to have been an emergency flare, Law smiled at the teen and relaxed onto his back and looked up at the sunny sky for the first time.

That year was definitely one to remember, not only did they catch an excellent hunt that year, but the gods also caught themselves a new friend, brother, and for Luffy...a new lover to share eternity with, and for Law...finally he had someone who loved and cared for him..for who he was, even if that meant loving the ruler of the underworld.