Jessie's Girl | James + Riley

Storyline: Jiley have been friends ever since they could remember. James, being a musician, composes music and Riley, being a dancer, loves dancing to his new lyrics. Alongside Riley, Jessie dances on A-Troupe. Riley's had a crush on Jessie for a while and when he asks her out, she's thrilled. James soon becomes jealous and realises he needs to act on his lyrics. Set season three with a few character changes, based on Finn's jealousy towards Rachel's boyfriend on Glee

RILEY'S POV

EVER SINCE I COULD REMEMBER, I've been friends with James Trevor Tordjman. We do everything together, well, everything except dance and songwriting. Songwriting is James' thing and dancing is definitely mine. Don't get me wrong, James has the moves when it comes to ballroom, but if he were to even attempt a pirouette, someone is bound to get injured. And sure I can sing, I do duets with James all the time, but if I were to attempt to write a song, the dead would come back to life just to complain. That's what made us different from each other, but it's also what brings us together, our differences. It seemed like a normal day in Studio A. James had driven me to dance, Miss Kate was smiling as usual and my friends were all spread throughout the room, stretching for today's practice. Everything was normal. Our practice went perfect and we even finished early. I was going to head to Lost and Found to watch James and the band play, maybe even catch up with Rachel, Clara and Leia. I'm about to walk out the door when Jessie Rollins stops me.

A-Troupe works like this, there's Chloe, Giselle, Stephanie, Emily, West, Eldon and me, the originals, and there's Max, Amanda, Noah, Mitch and Jessie, the newbies. I got along with everyone, we were pretty good friends if I were honest. I just never had the courage to talk to Jessie. He's an ex-Elite dancer, who joined with Max and Amanda, also ex-Elite dancers. He seemed like a sweet guy, not to mention gorgeous. Blonde hair, baby blue eyes and a tall skinny frame, he looked more like a surfer than a dancer. Like I said, Jessie stops me.

"Hey Riley." I freeze, silently pray I don't embarrass myself and turn around, a somewhat chill smile forced on my lips.

"Hey Jessie. What's up?" He smiles back before brushing a blonde lock out of his face.

"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out later around six. We could head to a nice restaurant or something." I contain a high-pitch squeal as a more natural grin appears on my face.

"That sounds awesome, pick me up then?" I ask, biting my lip softly.

"Of course. I'll see you then." He winks before walking back to Mitch. I continue towards Lost and Found, unable to force the grin off of my face. I arrive at the studio, the boys still performing. I quickly duck in, joining most of Lost and Found as they cheered.

'And all all right, I've been waiting for you. All all night, I've been waiting for you.' James winks at me and my heart swells with pride, my cheeks turning rosy-red. I felt my stomach going crazy, I try to shake it off. I've got a date with Jessie Rollins! The guy I've had a crush on for years! So why are my feelings for James returning like they were never gone?

"Riles, you're here!" Clara giggles over the crowd before pulling me into a hug.

"Yeah, I've actually got some news that I know you'll be excited about." My cheeks cool down as Leia and Rachel soon join us, the music dies down.

"Riles, what's this news I hear about?" Leia asks, smirking. I roll my eyes but chuckle.

"Okay, so you guys have to promise me you won't scream too loud... I have a date with Jessie!" I exclaim and Rachel and Leia jump, squealing immaturely.