Chapter 21

"Make yourself comfortable kids" Helen said to all of us.

We were all currently seated in the 'cottage themed' food place. As I had promised myself that I would bring my whole squad here, I had. And I was feeling very proud of myself.

April was seated right opposite to mason and was so shocked that she hadn't uttered a word. Liam looked as if his mother had woken up from her grave, smiling. Noah had sobered up from the 'Belle surprise' and was trying to make small talks. Annora and Avery were both paying close attention to Belle, who was currently sleeping in a small curb. The whole floor around it was stuffed with pillows, safety measures I guess.

Sam went to talk to Helen who was in the kitchen now; I guess he really did love those cookies. Olivia smiled and gave charlotte a hug. Everything was all good and fine.

I had given Mason and charlotte the directions here, while me and the rest of us went home, waked everyone up and told them to pack their bags up. We all came here and the final result was the breaking news, which broke all of us. I mean, just for a while though. Except April, but she'll be fine in a while I was sure about that.

After the food arrived, we all ate in silence. I looked at Liam, but even he was silent.

"So... Liam what's the plan?" Annora asked, slowly.

I smiled at her, gently squeezing her hand. She gave me another reassuring smile. I looked at Liam who was busy picking on his plate.

I cleared my throat, which made everyone look up from their gloomy mood and start looking alive.

"We'll we will leave after having this delicious food." Liam said, slowly exhaling. "This is very interesting, the working to the 'food making'"

"Yeah, I am totally bringing Kiera here" Noah piped in smiling enthusiastically. "Thanks, Ethan. This is a ..."

"Beautiful place" Olivia completed "And, I would suggest not ruining it, Noah"

April rolled her eyes and Charlotte chuckled a little.

"You both still fight?" Charlotte asked.

Noah and Olivia looked at each other, and for a fraction of a second I could see regret in Olivia's eyes, but that was gone as soon as it came. They both shook their heads denying it, while all the others, including me shook our heads. For an extra I made Liam raise his hand to give a 'thumbs up'.

"Well, I'm glad I am back with you guys" Charlotte said, with a smile reaching her eyes.

"We are glad you're back as well" April replied, with a small smile.

I looked over at April and she nodded.

I knew she would be fine, I was sure of it.

"Let's leave then!" Avery said, getting up.

"Off to the woods!" I said, standing up.

"WAIT HUMANS!" Sam screamed running into the kitchen to return with a bag full of cookies.

We all laughed and he gave us a sheepish smile.

"We are still playing the game right?" Noah asked, out of nowhere.

"Yeah, we are" I said, looking at April who was wriggling her eyebrows towards Annora.

I smirked and got up and looked over to where Nora was. She sat next to Belle, watching her intently sleep. A small smile forming on her lips which reached her eyes filled with curiosity.

She got up with the baby in her arms, sleeping.

Suddenly she looked at me and broke into a warm smile. I have always heard the saying 'to make her love you, you just need to make her smile' But, every time she smiles, I'm the one falling for her.

@