Chapter 17

Once we arrived at the beach, we thanked the driver and Owen pulled me to the side.

"Owen, what are you-" I was cut off by his lips meeting mine and his large hands grabbing my waist and lifting me up and into him. I relaxed into his effortless hold, grabbing onto his open tux jacket as we made out quite heavily. Eventually, we heard the sounds of other people arriving and he put me down, a lazy smile on his face whilst we both caught our breath.

"What was that for?" I asked, hardly able to suppress my grin.

He shrugged with a smirk, "I just wanted to kiss my wife." he put emphasis on the wife.

"Come on, we have guests arriving." I laughed, linking my arm with his left hand, feeling the cold metal of his wedding ring on my finger. And absolutely loving it.

Everyone had taken their seats on the beautiful set up that had been done by the staff at Jurassic World and Barry had taken to the little DJ platform that had been done next to the seating and was on the microphone.

"Can everyone please welcome, the new Mr and Mrs Owen Grady!" he boomed down the mic. I felt a rush of pride as we walked in, Owen slinging his arm over my shoulder.

We took a seat in our assigned seats with Harper in her high chair next to us, Maria taking care of her. Before anything truly began we mingled with our guests.

"Oh my goodness, congratulations both of you." Maria said, her eyes looking red, she had evidently been crying.

"Thank you for helping us Mom." Owen said, hugging her.

"I didn't do anything, don't be silly. Such a beautiful ceremony, I love you both." she said, looking as though she was getting emotional again.

"We love you too, and thank you for taking care of Harper for us, it's a big help." I said. At that moment she was on my hip, playing with my veil, but it was time for her to have a feed soon.

"You know that's fine honey." she smiled, reaching out and taking her, "I'll let you go and talk now, I'll see you later."

We mingled through our guests briefly, both of us introducing each other to our high school and younger friends.

"I cannot believe all those years ago when you used to walk around wearing your Jurassic Park shirt, that you would be here on an island full of the very things!" my friend Zoe said, hugging me tightly.

"Well I've come very far." I laughed, "you'll have to come and meet Harper later." 

"I definitely will."

Last up was Masrani, and I remembered seeing him on the third row next to Lowrey, Vivian and Hoskins wearing a smart lilac suit with a white shirt underneath.

"I heard there was a lilac and white theme going on." he joked as he walked up to us, gesturing to Claire who was nearby.

"Mr Masrani, thank you so much for coming." I gushed, walking over and hugging him.

"Seriously, without you, none of this could have been possible, and I couldn't have given Rosie the fantastic day she deserves." Owen continued, shaking his hand.

"Oh please, don't say anymore, you don't need to thank me. I just wanted to give you two the best shot at a brilliant start to your life together. You may not know this, but... I care for you a lot and have loved seeing you both so happy." he admitted, looking at the ground.

"It truly means so much to us." I said.

"Well, I hope you have both had a great day so far, and if you don't mind, I'm going to enjoy the free bar." he chuckled, "Rosie, you make a beautiful bride, and Owen is so lucky to have you." he said finally before rushing off. I giggled to myself as I knew he was embarrassed.