Chapter 3: Blond is so Overrated

A.N: Hiya! So I stole this idea for the chapter from my cousin, and it's a short chapter. 

Remember, please read Star Child by kILLjOYSmileyFace! They're both supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! 

Thanks!

*Opal*

A knock on my door woke my up from my slumber, and I groaned loudly in response. The throbbing head I had caused me to clutch it forcefully, and my face pulled into an agonized expression. Whoever was at the door was persistent, because they simply kept knocking. 

Thrashing, I stumbled out of bed and stomped to my door. I yanked it open, glaring daggers at the awaiting guest. Guenevere looked guilty, looking at her hands from behind my mother. My mother was anguished, her face disappointed at my appearance. But I didn't care, and crossed my arms over my chest. 

I still had on my dress from last night, but I could tell my hair was a mess and my makeup was smeared like a clown's. I was uncomfortable around my pristine mother and matching niece, and I almost sneered at them for their perfectness. They wore matching teal dresses, and I knew Natalia would be wearing the same to wherever they were going.

"What?" I snapped, looking at the two of them.

My mother cleared her throat, and Guenevere looked at me, sad. Her eyes asked, 'Why are you resenting me?' but that wasn't something to discuss with her. It wasn't my fault she'd rather deal with my mother's business then hang out with me anymore.

"Opal, that is no way to greet your mother and your cousin," my mother snarled, glaring right back at my heated gaze.

"Well, that's all you're going to get from me. It's too early for your crap," I replied, walking back into my room but leaving the door open. They walked in awkwardly, looking out of place in my dark room. The dirty and clean clothes everywhere, the dark purple walls, the black and white leather furniture, the mysterious patterned curtains and sheets, everything clashed with their auras. Their posh and immaculateness did not go with my well, me-ness.

My mother let out a short, impatient breath. I lit a cigarette, and took a long drag. I watched the smoke rise to my ceiling, and soon bounce back around the room. Completely ignoring my mother and cousin, I turned to my bedside table and pressed a button that opened my skylight window so the smoke could be released into the air. As I was doing this, I noticed the clock on my table read 3:38. I really slept that long?

"Opal, you are required to come to a dinner party with me, Guenevere, Natalia, Ashton and Annabell; the Sun Heir," my mother said, running out of patience with me.

I scoffed, and took another drag. "Natalia and Ashton are planning on being in the same room together? They haven't talked since Ashton kept that secret from Natalia, what's the special occasion?" Somewhere in my mind, a thought I couldn't decipher was trying to ease it's way into my vision, but I wouldn't let it. I didn't want any of that creepy psychic stuff right now. When it stopped nagging me, I was surprised I could actually control it. That's new.

"Opal!" Guenevere scolded, and then blushed when my mother and I both snapped our heads in her direction in shock. She never back talked me, ever. That wasn't how it worked around here.

My wide eyes then grew cold upon her, and I squinted them murderously. No one, and I mean no one got to yell at me like that. 

I pulled on an overly fake grin, my eyes baring hatefully into their sparkling eyes. "I'll go to this sh*tfest, only because it'll be an interesting show. Oh, and Helix and Alicia are coming with me."

"Of course Nathaniel and Matthew are invited, as well as your Aunt Fawn and Uncle Forte. Opal, I want you to be nice to Annabelle, she's been through a lot and she's nervous about Acrylic. She lived in the mortal world for her whole life and now she's being abruptly dragged into our world; it's a traumatic experience. She doesn't know she's the Sun Child, so please no shenanigans about that either. Best behavior." I raised my perfectly waxed eyebrows when she said this, and my mother sighed. "Well, decent behavior. You have half and hour to get ready, I'll send Alicia and Helix in after that. The dinner is at Acrylic, in the Headmistress's dining hall."