Chapter 30

Needless to say the rumours flew thick and fast when I rocked up with the new bad boy. I loved the speed and feeling the wind on the bike so I begged him to pick me up daily. Now that the twins were both soon needing to be taken to school the other parents decided I had enough things to worry about and they were taking me off the roster for taking the peanut gallery to school. The coach caught me between classes to tell me this.

When Adrien returned on Monday with the others they were there when we arrived on Ryker's bike and people were waiting to see what would happen. I raced from the bike, ran full speed at Adrien and jumped in his arms, making sure people had something to talk about I went as far as wrapping my legs around his waist and clung to him like a koala. I grinned at the thought of what the new rumors would be. He caught me and laughed as he spun me around like a little kid. Ryker didn't mind because unlike last week's rumor I wasn't his girlfriend, he was really changing things for me at the school. I proudly walked into the school with both the beautiful guys at my sides and Camille beside Adrien talking a mile a minute.

The twins returned home at the end of the second week and they were hyped. Camille and Bobby were at our place a lot after the twins were introduced to the Alpha. Harry was also introduced because it was clear that they were a package deal, they were trying to convince the Alpha, Adrien or Ben to turn him too but were happy to wait because the extra speed, strength and senses seemed to be transferring to Harry and even me as well, just to a lesser extent than Eddy. It was weird and unusual but not entirely unheard off with siblings. Even dad was changing, he just didn't realise.

The Queen, I preferred to think of her as Ben's mum, was calling me every week to hear about the boys and myself, she was becoming like the mother we'd never really had. I'd met her and her daughter in the city when we went to do our monthly shopping trip, Ben was with us and I found out that Andy was actually Ben's Beta. The quiet and unassuming Andy was a warrior. Anyone male born of Alpha blood grew up with at least one Beta in case they ever had to take over the pack. It explained David and Bobby being Adrien's Betas. 

Dad thought that Ryker was my boyfriend and we decided that, as long as dad was happy with that idea, we would leave him thinking just that. He was really enjoying the new influx of people that were now at our place practically every day. Crystal, the luna, had spoken to dad about the helping out and they had decided that the meals would still be made at our house but she brought the cooks and bought the extra ingredients. She actually convinced dad that I would be able to have a bit less responsibility that way and she would be able to help her community in a way she had always wanted. It worked. She also got dad workers, all pack, so strong efficient and hard to wear out with the physical work on the farm. The farms around us were invited to sell their produce through us and it worked well for everyone because the pack now bought from us instead of buying bulk from the city suppliers.

Personally I spend a lot of time with the pack but never went near the pack house and I wasn't supposed to go to the other side of town to shop either. Luke was restricted by his father, the alpha, from coming near me. I was slowly introduced to everyone and anyone that was part of the pack, Adrien saw to that with Camille. They took me to certain shops and businesses or out for dinner or coffee and people would stop by to say hello. It was important for the pack to know me, my brothers went to pack functions now but I couldn't. I didn't think about my supposed mate very much during the days and ignored the awkward changes in conversation that happened most when there was talk of training or warriors. Camille kindly explained that he was a trainer already and the youngest yet fiercest fighter in the pack, it was clear that they were all very proud of him.

Only on the nights before and on the full moon did I think of him more than I absolutely had to, on those nights I dreamt of him. In my dream I would be at a clearing near the base of the mountains with a dark auburn wolf. I knew in my heart and without a doubt that it was him. Some night we would just sit together and I would talk about everything that was happening, content that it was only a dream. Some nights he would be playful and we would chase each other around while I laughed at his crazy antics and some nights.... He would sit at the edge of the tree line and just stare at me.... If I tried to get closer he would growl and appear in a different spot if I came too close, those nights I would ignore him and look at the stars. The first few times that was all we did in my moon induced dreams.