Chapter Four

Jayfeather opened his eyes, blinking as bright sunlight shone in them. I'm dreaming. But where's StarClan?  He glanced at his surroundings. He was in the mountains. Sharp, imposing dark grey rocks contrasted with the snow that lay in drifts upon them, and the sound of water rushing echoed around him. 

This is the Tribe's territory. Do they need help with the rogues again? I thought they were trained to fight. He furrowed his brow, perplexed. Suddenly, he heard snow spraying and cats calling. The flapping of eagle's wings made him turn around to see a group of Tribe cats hunting an eagle.  He looked up and gasped. The eagle had a cat in its talons-- and the cat looked exactly like Half Moon. 

Jayfeather leaped towards the group of cats, only to falter as the eagle's beak opened and it began to speak. 

"Jayfeather! Jayfeather, wake up!" The mountains began to fade, and Jayfeather woke up to familiar darkness.

Briarlight was shaking him awake.  Jayfeather grunted and sat up. It was still cool, and the ground felt slightly damp. The sun had not yet risen, he guessed. It was still night.

"Are you all right?" Briarlight sounded concerned. "You were thrashing around and saying things in your sleep," she added by way of explanation.

The blind medicine cat tried to shake Half Moon and the tribe cats from his mind, but his tone was still more curt than he intended when he replied. 

"I'm fine." He could feel she didn't believe him. "Just a bad dream. We can talk about it tomorrow," he added when she tried to interrupt. He lay down in his nest and turned his back to her pointedly.

"Oh, right. Sorry."

He heard a rustling as she sank down into her nest. After a while, her soft, regular breathing told him she was asleep.

Jayfeather closed his eyes and tried to do the same, but the image of the cat that looked like his old love Half Moon in the eagle's grip flooded his thoughts and made sleep impossible. Jayfeather sighed, gazing up to where he knew Silverpelt must be. He lay in his nest that way until the quiet noises of the clan awakening told him that the sun was rising above the horizon. 

------------------------------

OOOOOKKKKKAAAAAAAYYYYYYY.... soooooo... why am I writing all stretched out ? 

... Anyways, I may or may not have taken another very long an unofficial hiatus and written another very short, very crappy chapter. And I can't really explain it away, cuz I have no life to excuse myself with. *sigh* I'm such a noob... I should do chappies in advance and update regularly, shouldn't I? Probably. Well, enough of my rambling and yes, I finished this at one am. Don't ask(well, you can, but all I was doing was trying to finish and also wasting time...).

Erm, so ...

Bye!

... I'm so awkward>.<