51: Pride

Song: Need You Now

A couple hours later, and Amy was about to give up on pride. Her bladder was near to bursting, and the cringing in pain from hunger didn't help matters. The smell from her vomit was only making her more nauseous, and she needed to rinse her mouth out still.

Finally, he walked back in the room, and he walked to stand behind her. "Maybe you'll be more inclined to tell me what I want to know if I show some hospitality."

She scoffed at him but was hoping he meant a bathroom break. He untied the ropes, and she was right. She broke her own wrist with pulling at the ropes. Her left wrist hung limply from her arm.

She went to stand up, but her legs were like jelly. She began to fall, and instinctively she threw out her hands to grab on to something. She felt material under her hand, and she clutched at it. She heard, "Don't touch me," and she felt him brush her hand off his jacket. She then fell to the ground in a heap.

When she looked up, his face still read as emotionless. This man really was dead inside. He terrified her.

"Get up. There's a bathroom in the main warehouse."

She was finally able to rise to her feet, with no help from her left hand. He pushed her roughly towards the door and showed her to the bathroom. She made the best of what little time she had. She was able to rinse her mouth out and go to the bathroom. There was no mirror to see the disarray she was in, but when she went to wash her face, she heard a loud banging on the door. She jumped when he yelled, "Time's up. Out!"

She ignored him and went to rinse off her face, but he pulled the door open. "Now." She winced when he reached for her, and her right hand flew to her stomach. She let him pull her out of the bathroom, and he walked her back towards the room they came from.

She dug her heels in. In no way was she going back to that room gracefully. He was stronger, though. He grabbed her left arm and pulled. She winced in pain. "Ow!" He looked over at her, and he looked down to the hand covering her stomach.

He very slightly smirked. It was the first expression she saw on his dead face, and she knew it meant horrible things were coming her way. She kicked out at him and turned to run, but he pulled on her broken wrist.

The pain was excruciating. But he didn't care at all. He found something better. "So the clown is going to be a father? How far along are you, Amelia?"

She spat at him. "I don't know what you're talking about. I'd never have sex with that disgusting monster."

"I'd beg to differ. You don't look extremely far along. Couple months maybe?"

"Let go of my wrist. It's broken." She tried to pull gently this time, but he was having none of it.

"No one cares about your wrist." He pushed her towards the door and pushed her through the doorway. He pushed so hard the second time that she fell into the room. I'm not getting away from him.

He walked towards her and none too gently picked her up. He then threw her down on a table on the far side of the room that she didn't see prior.

She kicked out and screamed and punched, but to no avail. After a couple minutes of struggling, he had her buckled into leather straps on the table.

Without another word, he turned and walked out of the room.

Our baby. He knows. Where'd he go? What's he going to do? More than anything else in the world right now, she needed her villain to be the hero.  And she didn't even know if she would deserve him to be her hero after the way she treated him.  She could only pray that past experiences showed he would come for her.

What felt like a lifetime later, she heard the door open again.  She couldn't help the whine that pulled from her throat.  This skeleton of a man could do anything to her now.  He could rip her entire world from her in heartbeats, and the anxiety that built up while he was gone was slowly swallowing her whole. 

When that pale face came into the light, he said, "So my job just became much easier.  Tell me what the Joker is planning, and I won't steal your child from you."

That was when another person stepped into the light.  He was a younger man dressed in a clean pressed business suit.  He said, "Pleased to meet you miss.  Call me Doctor Levitt.  My job would be much quicker if you could just help this nice gentleman out.  I really just don't have the time to abort the child right now." He glanced down at his watch to punctuate his introduction.

Her pride mattered absolutely none anymore. "I honestly don't know anything. He's never told me anything. I swear it to you. Please don't hurt my baby. Please. I honestly know nothing." As much as her face hurt and was swollen and bleeding, she couldn't help the tears that sprang forth from her eyes. He's going to take our baby, Jason. Please. Please, come get me. Please. We need you so much.

The skeletal man spoke again, "Impossible. It's been heard all around town that you're his only weakness. That you're all he prizes in this world. He must tell you everything, Amelia.  I'm not stupid.  Tell me now.  I'd rather leave you intact to use you to further benefit my boss's plans."

Through her harsh hiccups and sobbing, she was finally able to squeak out, "N-nothing.  I... I know nothing.  Please.  P-please don't take my baby."

The doctor spoke up as he turned to walk away, "She's obviously not going to tell you anything.  I really don't have time for the small talk.  Let's begin. Strip her from the waits down, please."

I need you, she pleaded.  We really need you now, Jason.

A/N: So sorry to leave it there, lovelies!  I really hope you don't hate me too much.  I promise you'll like the last couple chapters of the story, though!  Promise.

Until next time, lovelies!  Ta!