Cought a cold

Akaashi's POV

Weird, this is just weird......

Usually in the morning on my way to school there will be a voice calling:
"HEY HEY HEY AKAAAAAAAASHI"
But today until the moment I stepped into class I haven't heard this voice. Maybe he overslept...... But that's not the Bokuto I know. He's always full of energy and never woke up late, well at least not this late. I went to his class before school starts but his classmates says that he haven't reached yet. I texted him and even called him but there's no answer at all. I'm worried......

I couldn't focus during class. Just where is Bokuto? Is he sick? But he looks just great yesterday saying all his owl puns and being himself. He did not came to morning practice, that's not like him at all.

Finally its recess, usually Bokuto will come to my classroom but today I decided to go find him. His classmates told me he's absent today. Is he really sick? I checked my phone to see if there's any sign of Bokuto. But there's no calls or no messages at all. Well even though he's annoying but I kinda miss those weird puns. Oh my god Akaashi, you're sick very very sick that you're actually missing those things.

*Time skips to volleyball practice after school*

"Hey Akaashi! Happy birthday!" The teammates brought out a chocolate cake. "Happy birthday Akaashi" was written on it using cream. Oh that's right its my birthday today. I almost had forgotten about since I'm busy worrying about Bokuto. Wait what? Oh god I really must be sick.

"Akaashi, are you okay? You're spacing out a lot today" Yukie, the manager of the volleyball team said.

"Akaashi must be worried about Bokuto since he didn't show up on this special day." Yamato snickered.

"No." I deny it but actually I am really worry about Bokuto. Its not like he haven't got sick before but whenever he's sick he will call me and tell me about it. Anyway, I'll drop by his house to check if he's alright.

Practice ends a bit earlier today and the cake they bought was delicious, Bokuto will definitely love it. I really appreciate to have them as my teammates. Oh yea, they also gave me a volleyball full of wishes written on it as my birthday present. After thanking everyone for what they had done for me I locked up as usual then I started running to Bokuto's house. I hope he's alright.

10 minutes later, I stand at the front door of Bokuto's house pressing on his house doorbell. I pressed a few times but there's no answer. I pulled out my phone to call Bokuto. Just as I was about to press "dial" a voice called he.

"Oh Akaashi! Bokuto is very sick that he can't really leave his bed. Here, take this spare key the family gave me." The neighbor of Bokuto saw me standing at the door step and called me. Hearing what she said makes me feel relief, Bokuto is alright. Erm well not really but he's still alive wasn't he.  She gave me the spare key so that I can enter the house. "I was really worry about Bokuto since he's so sick and his parents had gone to America few days ago. But now that you're here, please take care of Bokuto." said the elder women. "Thank you for taking care of Bokuto, I'll take care of him from now on." I bow at the elder women thanking her. I never had thought of Bokuto being so sick. I mean, he's a guy that's has strong physical and won't get sick easily but the weather is really cold in thos year's winter so its not really that surprising.

Anyway, I went straight to Bokuto's room as soon as I locked the door. I opened the Bokuto's room's door and to be honest I'm kinda shock seeing the very ill Bokuto. He's sleeping, his face were all pale and his hair were not "pointy" like it usually were. His hair were down but he looks......

Cute.

The word popped into my mind and I can feel my face became hot. Akaashi, what the heck is wrong with you? I really wanna hit myself. But then again, ill Bokuto looks like a little child that makes people wanna hug him to make him feel better.

"Akaashi?" Bokuto woke up, looking at me with questioning tone. His sudden woke up startled me but I manage to keep my calm.

"Hey Bokuto-san are you okay?"

"I'm still alive tho." He let out a weak smile. Oh god, he's really sick.

"Have some water first. Have you taken your medicine?" I passed him the glass of water on the table. The neighbor also told me that Bokuto's family doctor had gave him medicine and she had cooked somw porridge just in case he's hungry.

"Yea, I ate it before I sleep." Bokuto slightly nodded his head.

"I'll get you porridge, the neighbor had made you some just in case you are hungry. And I think that you hadn't ate much since you are sick." Everytime when he's sick, he won't eat much unless I force him to.

While Bokuto is eating his porridge, I told him that I'm going to stay the night at his house to take care him. And I can see that his eyes lit up.

"Really Akaashi?!"

"Yes, eventho you are quite irritating sometimes but the team still needs you."

"That's kinda mean you know Akaashi."

Ill Bokuto is getting better after he aye his medicine and porridge and we watched some movies together. At night, I took out the futon and place it next to Bokuto's bed.

"Hey Akaashi, I almost forgot to tell you this." Bokuto suddenly say this when he's laying on his bed. "Happy birthday Akaashi."

"Thank you Bokuto-san"

"Well actually I have lots of plans for your birthday today I was going to bring to have fun but I think I've screwed up because of my cold."

"Its alright Bokuto-san, just take care of yourself. We can do it next year."

"Here Akaashi, this is for you." He take out a small box and gave it to me. I opened it and saw a horned owl plush. Its color was white with some grey with it and kinda looks like Bokuto? The plush was holding a love with "Happy birthday" written on it.

"I know its lame like my owl puns but I really don't know what to get for your birthday. The night before your birthday I was so excited about all the fun we're going to had that I can't sleep. But suddenly I remembered that I had forgotten about your gift. So I ran to my favorite shop to get you a gift and hoping it hadn't close yet. I was lucky that it was still open and I saw this plush. But then I think I was so rushed that I forgot to wear my jacket out and that might had been the cause to my cold." Bokuto spilled out everything. Bokuto this idiot, didn't he know that I care him more than I care about my birthday present? Eventho he's annoying, his puns were lame, he's like a baby but I just can't pull myself away from caring him, I just can't.

And before I could react, I crashes my lips onto Bokuto's. Oh great, look what you have done Akaashi. That's just great. My face became so hot and blushing madly. I look at Bokuto seeing him also blushing madly. I guess I'm really sick, I may had caught the "love cold".

"...Akaashi...do you know that you may also caught my cold if you do that?!?" I feel like hitting myself to the wall right now, that's not the point okay Bokuto?

"Akaashi, I love you." Bokuto suddenly confess to me. I look into his beautiful golden eyes that are full of joy and LOVE.

I close the gap between our lips for another kiss and replied to his confess. "I love you too, Bokuto-san"

"Just call me Bokuto and forget about the futon, I'll be hugging you all night long on my bed."

And so we went to bed, cuddling.