Chapter One

As I looked around my room, I looked for a way out. Those things were coming from behind the barricaded door. I then looked to the large window at the far end of the room. I lit my horn up,. A bright green. My cabinets floating about two inches off the ground. I tried as hard as I could Smash! The large window from the second story of the Carousel Boutique burst open. The chest of drawers falling out, and breaking when they hit the ground. That however, was a mistake. As I looked out the now bursted window, a zombie pegasus's wings flapped. It slowly bean ascending up to my room. I backed away and screamed. Just before the things hooves touched the ground, blam! The crack of a rifle filled the air. The zombie pegasus fell backward and out the window. I looked out the window to see a brown pony waving. A sniper rifle in his magic's grasp. "Jump!" He shouted. "I'll catch you!" He added sounding sincere. I backed away from the window. For just a moment, I wondered if he would not catch me, and let me fall, or if he would catch me and take me in. But as I stood there, I heard banging on the door.

I bolted. I did not want to be eaten alive by those things. My heart sped up dramatically as I neared the window. I then used all the strength in my legs to jump out the window. For just a moment, it felt like I was flying. I then saw dark green all around me. The stallion caught me! I looked down to see I was just above him. He levitated me down toward the ground, and set me on all four hooves. The glow then faded a moment later. I looked to him. We smiled at eachother. We then heard snarls from behind. I looked behind me. A Pegasus, Earth, and Unicorn all made their way toward us. "Come on!" The stallion said as he broke into a run. I followed him. Quickly gaining distance from the three zombie ponies. As we ran, I worried about Rarity. I knew she would never leave me alone. This was the first time she ever had. The stallion and I stopped in front of a house. A hammer, nails, and a few boards of wood sat below some windows. The stallion opened the door with his magic, and told me to go inside, and wait for him. I complied, and dashed inside. The door closing and locking behind me. The stallions horn lit up the same dark green as his eyes.

The hammer, a board and some nails floated into the air. He pressed the board against the window hammering the nails into the board barricading the window. All while taking occasional glances behind him to see if any of those things were coming up behind him. As he was about to start the second window, I saw one of them. A decayed Earth pony. The stallion took aim with a shotgun, and pulled the trigger. In an instant, the zombie ponies head exploded. He then went back to work barricading the window as if nothing had ever happened. He had a shotgun too? I thought back to moments before. A sniper rifle in his magic. And now a shotgun. Just as he was about to board up the last window, I saw the sniper lying against the wall. A few moments later, there was a knock on the door. I unlocked it, and opened it. The stallion, the sniper, shotgun, and hammer following behind him all in green fields of magic, made his way inside.

I closed the door, and locked it. Looking to the stallion who was setting the shotgun, and sniper on the couch. He then looked to me. I looked into his dark green eyes. Mine welling up with tears. I hugged him tightly, scared for my life. "Thank you!" I cried. He ran his hoof through my mane. "Shh. It's OK, you're safe." He cooed. I looked up to him. Tears adorning my face. He ran his hoof across my cheek getting rid of any tears as well. "What's your name?" He asked. "S- Sweetiebelle." I replied sniffling. I was so glad he saved me, but I was very worried about Rarity. "That's a nice name. I am Sketchy Sculpture." He replied. A caring warm smile on his face. A sense of comfort washed over me. "Trotters." He said. "What?" I asked. A hint of sadness still in my voice. "That's what I call those... things." He said. "Oh." I replied. "Would you like something to eat?" He asked. As if on cue, my stomach growled. Like the snarling of a vicious Timberwolf. "So that's a yes." He chuckled. He then trotted into the kitchen humming to himself.

I hopped on the couch, and sat on my haunches. Looking around, the living room, I saw it was pretty basic. A couch, some chairs, and a television. I looked for the hammer sitting in the middle of the sniper and the shotgun. I focused on making it levitate. But with me being a filly and all, and just learning magic, it was a bit harder. I felt a tingling sensation on my head. My horn! I looked to the hammer, and saw a light green haze flickering in and out of existence around the object. I focused harder on the hammer, and saw the haze become much more vibrant. I smiled as the hammer lifted from in between the two guns. I shouted with glee. "What is it, Sweetie?" I heard from the kitchen just across the hall. "I just taught myself levitation!" I smiled widely as I hopped down from the couch, and trotted over happily to the kitchen showing Sketchy. He looked to the floating hammer, and smiled. "That's great!" He congratulated me on my efforts. I sat the hammer on the table, and sat in a chair.