0. Tell us a Story

"Mama! Mama! Will you tell us a story?" The little pup asked. She was jumping up and down with her sister when they watched her walk through the door. Their care giver was not as much fun and they wanted to get away from her. Her mama was always good at telling stories and at that moment, that's what she wanted.

It was a dark and dreary day when the mother came home and seeing her daughters smiling face brightened up her entire day. Her daughters were her light and her love, she could never say no to either of them. She politely thanked the care giver before taking off her coat and joining her two little children on the couch.

"It's getting dark girls, maybe we should wait until tomorrow for a story." Their mother suggested but both girls automatically begged for the story. Their mother laughed and decided to go get her daughters milk before the story.

When the three girls were comfortable on the couch with their milk, their mother began.

"Many years ago a young women met a man and they were in love. There was a connection between the man and women that no one could deny, a love that every young child dreams of. He was her King and she was his Queen, no one dare deny their relationship and of course they respected them, they looked up to them. But you see my dearest darlings, the man was powerful and led many people, he was an Alpha." The mother starts, recounting the story she knew all too well.

"A werewolf mommy?" Her oldest asks.

"Yes baby, that's what they were."

"But mommy, werewolves don't like us." Her oldest pouts.

"I know dear, but they worship the moon like us." The mother tells their daughters. "This powerful man wanted a powerful son, a future. He and his wife were ecstatic when they discovered they were expecting and the man had no doubt that their baby was going to be a big and strong boy. However, sometimes things don't happen as we expect them to. The women gave birth to a girl, a beautiful and strong baby girl."

"Now the man, he was very upset by this. A female couldn't run the pack, he thought, there was no possibility a female could do that. The man ordered his wife to take the female away, to kill her. The mother, however, couldn't bring herself to do this to her precious female. So the mother took the baby away and gave her to a women who promised to take care of her. The women promised that she would care for her until the time was right for her to return." The mother pauses before running a hand through her youngest's hair and smiling at her.

"When the women returned to her man, he was determined to have the son he wanted, that he felt he needed. Every time she fell pregnant, it was a female and he would end the pregnancy by being violent with his wife. His wife couldn't provide him with the future he needed so the man started to be with other females, none of them could either. The man was frustrated, he had no future. One day he ran into a women, this women promised him that he could have the son he wanted with his true love but any harm that came to his first born would also come to his son. The man did not find any problems with this because he thought he had no other children, he thought his son would be fine so he agreed."

"So what happens mommy?" asks the older daughter. "how does it end?"

"Is it a happy ending mama?" asks the youngest. Both girls confused

"It hasn't yet my love," The mother answers her first daughter. "and that is up to you my light."

"yes you my light, you have the chance to change everything."

~**~

This is my first attempt at a werewolf book so this will be my interpretation of the werewolf world and everything that happens in it :) Every werewolf book I've read on here follows one theme or another so I took time and made my own "werewolf world".

I've spent a lot of time perfecting each aspect of this story from how mate bonds work, to mating, to how they live their lives. If you don't like the way I wrote it then you don't have to read it (lol I'll still love you). I'll try my best to explain it all through the books but if you don't understand anything, feel free to message me or comment and I'll clear everything up :)