Part 2

Many days passed where I watched her at a certain distance, sometimes in disguise of an entirely different human. This may all sound more like Sherlock Holmes but I did it also in my human days amongst my enemies to know their next action they tended to plot.

Until one day something out of the routine occurred. I was watching as always, only in disguise as an old man with a great big white beard and white hair. Wearing spectacles with a bent back and needing support of a walking stick. I know it sounds funny but it is effective. It reminded me of a question that I asked myself often when I was a human. How would I look like when I become an old man? Now it seems I will never know. Anyway, Megan was in town doing some sightseeing and window-shopping while the weather was rainy. I decided to walk past behind her in my disguise, so that she does not notice of my following. Just as I was behind her, she turned round quickly and walked into me because I was very close to her. I let myself fall to the ground like a human in that age would have reacted. Very slow, barely have a chance to react.

"Oh! I'm so, so sorry! I didn't see you. Are you hurt?" Asked Megan worried in Romanian while helping me up carefully.

"Those youngsters nowadays are always in a hurry that I am always left behind." I complained like an old man with a croaking voice and waving a finger in the air as to say 'this was bad'.

I walked away pretending to talk to myself in a grumpy mood. In the nearest alley I quickly turned round the corner and looked behind to see which direction Megan would go. She went down a street which no person was seen at that time. There was only one option left how to follow her unnoticed down that street. I quickly jumped up to a roof and walked cautiously to the other end. Not that she could see me but at the most my head and never letting my eyes off her. Soon I noticed at the other end of the street two men walking slowly towards Megan. Damn! I have seen those faces before. They are from Richard! La naiba! (Damn it!) Megan noticed them as well but continues walking. What is she thinking? Maybe she did not memorize the faces so well as I did.

As the two vampires were about three meters away from Megan they stopped and so did she. They began to talk to her and which topic? I will let you guess. Naturally that Richard wants Megan. Why is he not there in person? Oddly one vampire did the talking while the other just stood there watching Megan with a sly smirk. The one that talked had a thin Italian accent and very short coal black hair to a boyish haircut. He was not very tall from what I gather from the rooftop. I would guess about 1,65 meters. The other had red-brownish hair to shoulder length yet his height is way taller than the Italian.

Suddenly the two vampires took a step closer to Megan. Quick-witted I sprang down in my vampiric speed that within seconds I was in front of Megan. She looked at me confused because I was still in my disguise. Quickly I removed the beard, wig, hat and coat. The two vampires looked at me surprised so did Megan.

"Well, what a pleasant surprise seeing you doing the masquerade." Noted the red-brown haired one with a thin German accent. He looks even taller than I have guessed, almost two meters. He looked down at me with a mocking smirk. The Italian covered his month with a hand to hold back a laugh. His height fitted to my guessing.

"Why are you doing this? Why can't you just leave her alone?" I demanded. Not allowing the tall German make me feel small in any way.

"Didn't you listen what Richard said few days ago to you?" Asked the German back.

"I remember it too well and I have listened but why do you have to do his work, when he can do it on his own? Is he afraid of me?" I asked coolly and almost forming a smirk on my lips.

The one who was nearly laughing suddenly stopped smiling and looked at me with a killing glance. He was about to attack me when the German stood in his way and held him firmly by the arm. It seems they are quite close friends to have on each other such a firm control.