Chapter 2

Chapter 2~Please, Wake Up!

NARRATOR

"Jadey? Jadey? Please, wake up! Mum, dad!"

Amelia called out to her parents with teary eyes. She could barely breathe at the sight of her dead big brother.

"Jadey, you can't leave us. You promised to make happy memories with us, right? Jadey!"

Her mum, who had no idea that her son was hit by an unlicensed driver, came rushing out the front door wondering what her daughter was crying over. She found herself kneeling and praying that what she saw before her was her son covered in ketchup.

She quickly took out her phone and dialed the hospital. She then dialed their father.

"Honey, o-our son he got hit by a drunk driver.....yes, I contacted the hospital. They're on their way......okay."

She put down her phone and silently prayed that her son was still alive. She then looked up at her crying daughter trying to wake her son up.

"Amelia,"

Her mother called out to her with her voice cracking at the end.

"No mum! Please, tell me. Tell me that Jadey is alive watching television at home!"

Mrs. Harrison hugged her daughter tightly. She combed her hair using her fingers and hushed her.

"Amelia, I know it's hard, but let's just pray that once we get to the hospital, he'll be okay."

The two stood up from their places as they heard loud siren noises. The medical team then carried the unconscious boy on a stretcher and in to the ambulance.

Just as the ambulance was about to leave, their father came in a black Mercedes-Benz rushing to his mother and daughter's side.

"D-dad.."

Amelia hugged her father and cried on his broad shoulder. The family stayed in their positions until they agreed to follow the ambulance to the hospital.

They hopped in to the car and drove off.

"Dad? Mum?"

"Yes sweetie?"

Her dad answered.

"Will..Jadey be okay?"

"Let's pray for that, Amelia."

The family arrived at the hospital and entered through the emergency room entrance.

They found their son being rushed in to the operating room.

"J-Jadey.."

Amelia's eyes were watering again. She couldn't bear watching her brother, whom she loved so much, laying in his soon to be deathbed.

"Doctor, what's going on here?!"

Mr. Harrison yelled at the doctor out of panic and frustration.

"Sir, your son is being rushed in to the operating room. We need to perform surgery right away or you'll lose your son."

The doctor answered as Mr. Harrison glanced inside the operating room where his own son was being charged using a defibrillator. What a painful sight it was for him.

"Mummy, what's a surgery?"

Amelia questioned her mother. Amelia's mother started to think of a way to distract her. She thought that Amelia has experienced enough traumatizing events.

"You'll know soon, darling. Come, are you hungry?"

"Yup! I want some Ice cream!"

Her mother just laughed at the way her eyes lit up when she mentioned ice cream.

"Okay, leave your dad alone to handle the situation."

"Yes, mum."

The two left the hospital to look for an ice cream parlor nearby while Mr. Harrison was busy watching a painful sight of his son. He wanted to turn back, yet for some reason he couldn't take his eyes off of him.

"Jaden.."

His father was stopping the tears from falling. He knew that he needed to stay strong for his family even if it meant to hide all the pain and sadness because he believes that a man should never shed tears in front of his family.

"Sir, are you willing to let us perform surgery on your son?"

It took time for him to think, but he was aware that nurses are sticking machinery to Jaden. It meant this was his only choice.

"Yes, doctor."

The doctor just nodded at him and entered the operating room.

Mr. Harrison couldn't bear looking at his son in this state anymore. He ran to the chapel and prayed, He prayed really hard, that's how much he loves his son.

The surgery went on all night. Amelia and her mother stayed home while her father paced around the hospital in circles. Though he didn't want to leave his son, he had to go home. He couldn't just sleep on the ice cold floor and sit there for hours.

So he drove off and went inside his quiet home.

'If Jaden was still alive, our home would be as messy as a war zone and as noisy as my Uncle's mouth.'

Mr. Harrison thought.

The family is now fast asleep. Well, not all of them were. Amelia woke up for the third time. Why can't I sleep? She asked herself.

It is exactly 3:57 in the morning, 3 minutes before 4:00 am.

Amelia was just about to go back to sleep when she heard a voice, A very familiar voice. A shadow was watching her with eyes as blue as hers in the only lighted corner of the room. The voice then spoke to her,

"I'll always be here..."