1

Barbara

My eyes were burning as the tears fell down, and I'm certain mascara was smeered all over my face. I watched as the casket was lowered into the ground.  I couldn't believe they were gone. My parents were dead. The thought hadn't seeped into my head yet, it didn't feel real. It felt like a nightmare that I just couldn't wake up from. Being the person reserved I am, I decided to ditch the funeral. It sounds like a dick move, I'm aware but the last memory I have with my parents wasn't very pleasant and also, I'd rather be alone than have everyone saying "Sorry for your loss"

I don't need sympathy. I need my parents to arise from the dead and give me bear hugs. I snapped out of my thoughts and took one last look at the huge casket that was currently being covered with dirt before I opened the gate quietly, in hopes that nobody would notice me leaving. I shut the gate and just walked. I kept my head down so nobody would notice the river of tears and mascara streaming from my face. My head collided with a hard chest. "Watch where you're going" A voice said, with a harsh tone. I looked up to see a gorgeous man with honey eyes, olive skin, black slicked back hair, the perfect ampunt of stubble and perfect pink lips. "Sorry, I just- I wasn't paying attention" I responded with sobs in between each word. His hard glare softened, "You're not crying cause you bumped into me, are you? Because I mean, it's nothing to erm.. cry about"

I bit my lip to control my sobs. "I'm sorry. Maybe, I could take you to my flat and give you some tea or something? Maybe a tissue?" he offered. I simply nodded in response. "Alright, let's go" 
----------------------------------------------

Yes, I'm aware of how AWFUL this is!!! But I hope you liked it anyways!! 💖