Love is Blind, But So am I

(unedited)

~Prologue~

I took off my seatbelt and reached for my jacket in the back. "Violet honey, sit back down that's not safe." My mom warned.

"Mommy I want my jacket." I said, completely ignoring her earlier command.

"Here you sit back down ill see if I can get it." This time I listened. She reached back from shotgun and reached past me to the back. Blocking the view of the back window. I glanced at dad from the front mirror his and my eyes locked.

He wasn't paying enough attention to the road. In a flash I saw his eyes widen, mouth opening as if too say something, but the impact hit too suddenly and unexpected. I got knocked back and slammed into the seat in front of me. Hitting my temple I felt a sharp pain behind my eyes.

In a dazed state I crawled out of the crushed car. I saw red liquid rushing out, making my voice stutter. "Mo...momm....mommy....Da....Daddy?" They're was too much blood. The front was completely smashed in. I knew deep down in my heart they were dead.

I curled into a tight ball. Tears streamed down my face as I laid in grief. It's my fault. If I wasn't so whiny for the jacket, we wouldn't have been hit. It felt like hours I was bawling my eyes out, near the car where my dead parents lied.

I saw blurred faces through my tears, voices shouting and sirens blaring. Even with all the chaos around me, I never once had tore my eyes away from my parents mauled looking bodies. Images seared into my mind.

Hands grasps my arms, pulling me away from my parents. I fought and screamed with everything I had. Today I became an orphan at 11 years old.

Black spots clouded my eyes as I was placed on a stretcher. Then finally sunk into the darkness that grasped to claim me.

___________________________________________________________________________________

I felt it get brighter, I could tell that my eyes were open yet...I couldn't see anything. I furrowed my eyes brows, what's going on?

The recent events came back to me. Tears escaped my eyes once again. The impact, crash...mom, dad...dead forever. It all came rushing back.

"She's awake." I heard a voice announce.

My voice croaked as I attempted to speak,"Wh...why can't I see anything?"

I heard someone clear their throat. "Violet your blind, your eyes have so much internal damage that, no surgery can save them. You'll never be able to see ever again."

It was at the very moment I wished I had died along with my family. That I too should die, but of course fate had me go a different route than the one I want to take.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry its so short, just a little intro to the story. thanks for reading :3