Chapter 2- First Day

Woo both books updated in the same day

Chapter 2-First Day

 (unedited)

"Violet get up! I'm driving you today, I have to talk to the office about your deformities." She spat that last part out bitterly.

She acts like it's my fault. Sighing I shook my head. Some things will never change. I feel for the clothes that I know are left out for me and slowly and steadily start the process of getting changed. I managed to come up with a method of feeling for the tag to figure out which way it goes on. So far it's never failed me...at least I think.

Picking up my cane I make my way to the front door. Feeling for the knob I twisted it. A blast of cold air hit me. I shivered an thought back to when a certain boy gave me a jacket because he thought I was cold. I shook my head. At our first encounter he was an arrogant asshole. He probably only gave me his jacket an crap to look good in front of his sister.

Tapping my way down the drive way to the car I sighed. I'm probably going to have to walk to school for the rest of the days, thanks to my hellish foster mother.

Pulling the door handle I ducked into the car only to be assaulted. "God what took you so long? I swear your just a useless waste of space." I chose not to say anything. Even if the words hurt I brushed them off. It was a normal routine. I have to treat this ride preciously because this will be the only time she'll do it. Only because not only does she have to be up at the school too but she has to portray that perfect mother act. It actually makes me sick to think about.

How can someone switch personalities so fast? Completely two faced. As we pulled up to the school I felt insanely nervous. What will people think of me? Will I be accepted? My "mother" gripped my arm has hard as she could but to others it probably looks like she's just guiding me.

I heard the whispers around me. I couldn't make any of them out, but I cowered. I don't like the attention on me. Even though I can't see their stares I can feel them.

When we got into the building and walked to what I assumed the office I heard my foster mother mutter in my ear, "Don't you dare make a fool of me or you'll regret it." She hissed. Then I cringed as her sickly sweet and completely fake voice reached my ears. "Oh you must be the principal. It's nice to meet you, I'm Lauren."

"Hello, and who might this be?" I turned my head in the direction of the principal, from where his voice sounds like its coming from.

I was about to speak up when a hand gripped my arm and I winced. "This is my...lovely daughter Violet. " She had to choke those words out, such a crime to even fake a compliment to me. "She's going to be going to this school and today's her first day. She needs her schedule and I need to be on my way soon for work soo..."

"Well Lauren do you have any concerns that you want to talk to us with before you leave?"

I interrupted "Us?" Someone else was here?

"Oh I'm sorry Violet my secretary is here with us. She has your schedule...um is it okay for us to assign you a guide buddy for in between classes?" He says it slowly like the words will hurt me that I need help to find my classes. I don't feel offended, living with the bitch next to me I hear actual insults on a daily bases. It's true I'm going to need someone to help me around. Even I can admit that.

I just nod my head in response. "You will also be excused from PE. You still report to the gym, but you don't have to try to participate, decision's completely up to you." He paused. "Violet if you have any trouble any trouble at all don't hesitate to come here."

I just nod my head again. I heard the clack of heels come toward me. "Here is your schedule sweetie. Your guide buddies name is Melissa,"

"Wait...Melissa Holland?"