17: December 17th...

Do it...

Beyoncé's amber eyes gazed into the mirror on the bathroom wall. She stood with nothing on her body but the droplets of water that had survived her climbing out of the bath tub and she let her hair fall onto her shoulders where it stuck to her skin. 

Do It...

She continued to watch herself. She couldn't even remember what the voice was telling her to do anymore, all she remembered was that one upon a time it was her own voice. Her 12 year old voice. It started out different but over time it changed into something darker, something deeper, something so bizarre that she didn't even recognise it anymore. That's when she started calling it the ghost. 

Do it...

She placed her hands on the side of the sink and leaned forward so that she was looking down at it. The sink was dry until her tears showered it and blood ran down from her wrists into it. "Why?" She whispered. Beyoncé gripped the sides of the sink hard and continued to cry. She didn't mean to cut her arms, it was an accident. She was in the sower when the voice came back, reminding her of how dirty she had become. She lusted. That was the kind of dirt you couldn't get off no matter how hard you scrubbed. 

Whore...

Everything bad was because of her. More specifically, her and her attraction to those she ought not to be attracted to. First, her parents died and then Angie died. Angie's death was certainly because there was a part of her that begged to feel Carter deep within her and things were only getting worse. This morning when he had left to go to work he kissed her on her forehead but she so desperately wanted him to kiss her on her lips. Those lips that had never had the pleasure of someone else pushed to them in hopes of intimacy and bonding. She raised her finger to her lips and then looked in the mirror again. 

She wanted to kiss him and that's how they died, that's how it all happened and she knew it. 

Do it...

She looked at her arms and was immediately taken aback by the sight of the scratch marks. She didn't like physical pain, she just couldn't get away from it.  Beyoncé leaned over to the end of the counter and took Carter's robe before wrapping it around her body and sighing. "Why are you back?" She whispered, she knew it wouldn't reply. It didn't work like that. 

Do it...

She thought she was happy. She thought things were changing and in a way they are because now it didn't seem as if the whole world was against her but instead she was. Just her, no one else. Just her in her crazy head. "The more I blame myself the more you spout your bullshit" She told it, "I don't know what you want" She walked out of the bathroom slamming the door behind her. She looked around Carter's room hoping he would pop out of no where and make it all stop but of course he was at work as he said he would be. Off helping all those people who needed his help but far away from the one person who required his help and his help alone. She walked down the stairs and paused by the living room where she had left the TV on but that wasn't what caught her attention. The box still sat on the table with they Key in front of it. 

Do it...

"So that's what you want me to do" She whispered, "No, Angie's my best friend. I can't" She went to walk away from the room but she stopped as if she had walked into a brick wall and once again she heard, 

Do it...

"Not this time" She continued on, removing herself from anywhere near the sacred box and walking into the kitchen to grab something to eat. She pulled the bread knife from it's section in the selection of kitchen knives and admired the blade before cutting a piece of bread from the loaf,