I

Meika. Emilé. Rima. Rei. Emi. Miyuki. Ayako. Chi. Kenji. Kasumi. Manami. Cécile. Ye-rin. And many more names to be remembered.

Gin had lost many dear to her. She always remembered them and what had happened to them. Every night, she would see one of them die- over and over again. Gin would often wake up from those dreams, after remembering each timeline, with tears streaming down her face. She would usually wipe away her tears and lay on her side as she waited for the remaining hours of the night to pass.

Why did you come back? Why did you distract her? 

Gin held her hand up towards the night sky, a solemn expression on her face. She had always wondered how many stars there were, but she knew there were infinite amounts- just like time- and she always wondered why she asked herself that question. 

Don't be scared! I'll come back, Gin, I promise! You can kill me if I don't! Now, I'll be back! 

She lowered her hand, tucking a silver strand behind her ear with the other. Gin leaned forward onto the railing, her arms on top of it. She took a deep breath and looked over Mitakihara. She couldn't move on from here. Even though she had lost most of her friends here, Gin would always come back even if she traveled to Kazamino or the other side of the world.

I've always loved roses. I even wished to be able to smell them again. Sad, right? But, it doesn't matter. I need to go get some grief seeds, so tell the others not to wait up for me, will ya? 

She realized she hadn't rewound time in a while. Gin didn't know the exact date, but she knew she was tired of it. Her efforts would just go to waste, but she didn't really care at this point. If she believed that, she would join the others. 

I have to go save Emi. If I'm not back in an hour, please go after the witch. Get our bodies back and tell Emi's mother. She's going to hate me, but I have to go after her. Gin, please be careful. 

Gin stood up straight, removing her arms from the railing. She placed a hand on her left ear, feeling the earring there. A red pearl. Rei had given it to her when Gin accepted her proposal to work together and be friends. In her other ear, she had a red rose earring, given to her by Manami. Manami had only given it to her because it wasn't fair to have only one earring. She sighed, Manami had always been one of those curious, but loud girls, and was one of the youngest magical girls she had ever met and befriended. 

It's not your fault that he died. It's alright, Gin, I'll protect you from now on. We're in this together! Rei and Gin, the fantastic magical girl duo! 

Gin thought about going back to the very beginning a lot. She would possibly be able to save Emilé and Meika, her very first friends. When she had first tried to save them, it had ended in a disaster. They were the reason she had made her wish, but it didn't really matter. Gin, no matter what, would never be able to save them. She spread out her arms, and smiled. She'd go back to the start of it all, for the third time. That way, she'd be able to see all her friends again. Gin would even be able to see Rei again. She'd go back soon, but it didn't matter how soon she left because she always had enough time.

Hey, Gin? Do you think we'll be able to grow up and start our own families and have jobs and all that? Why not? Hmm... good point! Then, I'll stay by your side forever and we'll have our own little family, how about that? I'll even change my name from Rei Ayanami to Rei Akumu if it makes you feel better! Why are you laughing? I'm being serious!