Prologue: Betrayal

13-year old Ash Ketchum was on Route 1, on his way to Pallet Town after his loss in the Kalos League Finals. He inwardly smirked to himself, due to the fact that he had already beaten Diantha and her Elite Four prior to the Kalos League. The night after he had beaten Wulfric for his final Kalos badge, he had snuck out of the Pokemon Center and flown to the Kalos League itself on Noivern. His battles were considered official, but the information of the battles would never leave the building unless he permitted. Then a familiar voice rang in his head via telepathy.

"That was awesome and all, but could you keep your thoughts in your own head?"

Ash wasn't fazed and replied with, "Sorry, can't help it. Hey, where are you?"

"I'm stalking Gary Motherfucking Oak." He couldn't help but roll his eyes at the sarcasm. "I'm flying home on Ignis, he's been needing to stretch his wings for a while."

"Finally you're coming home, mom's been getting overprotective."

"Just call her Delia, Aaron. Mom died so long ago, and I refuse to call anyone else mother."

The thought of his parents instantly sobered his mood. His partner Pikachu noticed, but the electric mouse knew not to question the sudden mood swings his trainer had. Ash's, or Aaron's parents were known widely as Sir Aaron and Lady Rin. Aaron remembered when his father, his namesake, had left him, his mother, and his sister, telling them to live on. Aaron shook out of his somber state quickly, continuing the mental conversation.

"Zora, I know that you're right, but remember, she made us. And because I have to go to Pallet, I'm stuck seeing her until she dies."

"Then stop going back. Take all of your pokemon in the middle of the night, come to archipelago. I haven't seen you in person since your break between Sinnoh and Unova."

Silence.

He could hear Zora's sigh. "If you do then you'll be free. At least talk to someone about this. Remember what mom said just before she sent us through time with Celebi."

_-{[(Flashback)]}-_

Lady Rin rushed through the tunnels underneath Cameron Palace. In her arms, she carried her five-year old daughter Zora Emerald Cameron, while a blue-colored Gardevoir ran along behind her, carrying her five-year old son Aaron Red Cameron. The two children were known as the Twins of Aura and Illusions. Their existence was known only to the inhabitants of the castle, but spies lurked everywhere and notified the Aura Hunters, who wanted to kill of all aura users. The Aura Hunters were only a large worry after her secret lover, Sir Aaron died. They knew about her children, and she wanted them safe. And the only way to do that was time travel.

After a sharp left turn, she came upon a cavern with and underground lake. She walked onto a small stone bridge that led to a circular stone in the center of the lake. Celebi appeared in front of her as soon as she stopped. The Time Travel Pokemon was carrying a large wicker basket. She placed Zora in the basket, just as Gardevoir placed Aaron in. Celebi drooped a little under the weight of the twin five year olds, but remained aloft. Placing a kiss on the twin foreheads' she said, "Only tell those you trust about your origins, for your story will be a only a legend. Live on my children. Live on." And with that Celebi brought the twins forward through time, a more peaceful time.

_-{[(Flashback End)]}-_

"I remember. It's just been harder to remember them after visiting Rota during my Kanto Battle Frontier Challenge. I mean, Lucario didn't recognize me until I reminded him."

"It gives you nightmares, I know. But you need to move on. I honor their memories and their sacrifices, but I live in today, not the past."

Ash sighed and ended the conversation between him and his twin sister. The girl was known as Eliza Eren Ketchum to everyone she met, but to him she was known as Zora Emerald Cameron. Just like he was known as Ashton Satoshi Ketchum to everyone, but was actually Aaron Red Cameron. Pikachu's ear twitched at the sound of wings and a pokemon being returned, but didn't need to look. The twins walked along in silence, not even changing their paces when they came upon Pallet Town. It was when they reached the Ketchum household's front door when they hesitated. Both had a sense of foreboding, and neither wanted to see the cause of their fear.

Zora took a deep breath and opened the door, the feeling growing in the pit of her stomach. The two walked into the living room to see Delia sitting inside with Prof. Oak, May, Trip, Dawn, Brock, Cilan, Clemont, Iris, Misty, and Serena. The group glared at the two of them, so the two calculated all possible escape routes from the spot they decided to stand in front of the window, the easiest escape route.

"Ash, Eliza," started Delia gently, "we all believe that you should-"

"Give up your dreams!" shouted May.

As her brother started yelling at them all for being idiots, Zora took that as her que to open the window while glaring at the assholes who thought that they would never accomplish their dreams. When she finally opened the window, none of them noticed, so she and her brother jumped out the window with ease and ran to get their pokemon from Oak's Lab. They recalled all of their pokemon, Zora sending out her black Charizard Ignis, Aaron's Pikachu and his Charizard. The two flew of to the North, constantly flying upwards until they were above cloud level, then they turned around and flew Southwest towards the archipelago they owned with the League champions, where they spent the majority of their time training.

_9 Years Later_  

Two figures stood on a cliff, staring out to a large dock, where boats were arriving, each carrying hundreds of people, all trainers. The female figure put her hand on her right hip, where six pokeballs sat. The male crossed his arms, his own pokeballs on the right lining of his jacket. The two were tilted, backs to each other, both looking out over the docks. Then they turned to each other and nodded.

"It's time."