Chapter Twenty-Four

Han and Leia:

Leia stood in the destroyed nursery, looking at the steaks on the crib, noticing the damage from a lightsaber. Leia was unable to sleep the rest of the night, causing much stress on her unborn daughter. No doubt all this stress was not a good thing for her baby girl, but Leia couldn't help but worry about her oldest child. She could feel Jaina getting restless in her stomach, as if she knew something was going on with her brother. Leia placed a hand on her growing stomach, trying to calm down her daughter, but to no avail. "Please, baby girl. Everything is going to be alright," Leia whispered, Jaina's kicks becoming more strong in Leia's lower abdomen.

Leia felt Han's presence even before he walked into the room, his bare feet making very little noise on the wood floor. She placed her hands on the rail of the crib, her left knee bent while her right leg stayed in a locked straight position. Leia laid her forehead against her forearms on the crib and took a deep breath, feeling Han's hands on her hips. "Can't sleep?" He asked her, placing a trail of small kisses from the back of her neck to just under her ear as Leia shook her head. "Yeah me either," he whispered, sighing a bit.

"I guess that makes three of us," Leia said in a low tone. "This one has been doing somersaults in my belly for the past hour," she mention as more pain flowed through her petite body. "I have a feeling she trying to tell me something is wrong. This is the most active she's been in the last week or so," Leia mentioned, turning her head to meet her husband's gaze over her shoulder.

Han looked at her and sighed a little, moving his hands from her hips to her stomach. "Let me see what I can do," he offered as Leia turned around, now leaning her back against the crib. Han crouched down, rubbing his hands together quickly, as if he was trying to heat up his palms. He placed them back on to Leia's stomach, earning a small smile from his wife.

This caused Jaina to go wild in Leia's stomach, causing a small grimace from her mother. "Han, easy," Leia whispered as she closed her eyes in pain, placing a hand on his shoulder.

Han pulled his hands back from her stomach, a discouraged look on his face. "Sorry, sweetheart," he said to her. "Let me try again?" He questioned as Leia slowly nodded her head. Han's sour face turned into a small smile as he placed his hands on her stomach again, feeling his daughter starting to calm down. "There we go," he said with a bigger smile, proud of what he was able to do.

Leia smiled as he stood up, his hands finding their way to her cheeks. "You're pretty good at that," Leia pointed out as he leaned in and kissed her forehead. The sun made its way through the trees outside, causing Leia to sigh a bit. "I should probably head out soon," she said, gently rubbing his forearms.

Han looked down at her, pulling her petite body into his. "Everything will be okay. I promise. Just take it easy on him," he whispered to her.

Leia looked up at him and shrugged her shoulders. "Would you rather go?" She offered, even though she knew he would turn it down.

"I think it's best if he talks to his mother. You know, since you both have the Force," he said, shrugging his shoulders. "And I'm not saying I believe in this Force thing, I just know what special bonds mothers and sons have," he added, placing a kiss to her cheek.

Leia stifled a small smile and walked back to their room, picking up her bag. "Thank you for packing this for me," she said to Han, adding a couple of toiletry  items to her bag before zipping it closed.

"Just trying to help out around here," Han said from down the hallway. He leaned in the doorframe and noticed the worried expression on his wife's face. "Come here, sweetheart," he said, Leia instantly waddling over to him. Han placed his hands on the small of her back, resting his chin on the top of her head. "If you need anything, do not hesitate to call."