Pizza

Mercy's POV

"What? You're not staying." I questioned Fareeha
"Of course I'm not I have to go back to Egypt." Fareeha said
"Then why did you.. Never mind!" I replied angrily
"I'm sorry it was fun at the time but." Fareeha paused.
"But what Fareeha!" I said
"It would never work out." Fareeha said.
"We could make it work out." I pleaded.
"You know when my mum was home she wanted me to be like you, she didn't want to get hurt fighting but the only time I ever felt hurt was when I wasn't fighting for someone. You know I have to go back to Egypt. Its not that I don't want to be with you I do want to be with you but the only way I can help people is on the battlefield." Fareeha explained. I knew she was right but really I did not care I just wanted someone to hold.
"I'll have to send you my consolation fee." I joked. Fareeha smiled but I could see it was fake she was a sad as I was about the situation.
"Good bye doctor." Farreha said.
"Good bye Pharah." I said. Farreha walked to the drop ship with her bags and as the drop ship doors closed she smiled and I did too.

My phone vibrated in my pocket. It was a message from Genji. It read: "Lena thought she could eat a pizza faster than Reinhardt so I offered to buy the pizzas what kind of pizza do you want?"
"Chicken and pineapple is my preferred but I'll take any thing. By the way do you want me to come with you to get the pizzas?" I replied.
"Doctor, I think I can order the pizzas by my self  I'm a big boy now." He replied.
"That's not what I meant, I thought you might not want to go alone because of how you look." I texted back to him.
"On second thoughts some company would be nice." He sent back.

While waiting for Genji I paced up and down my room my thoughts centered on Fareeha. I felt like I was trapped no where to go and no one to tell. I could not even tell my best friend Lena. My thoughts were stoped by Genji knocking on the door to my office. I grabbed my coat and opened the door. "Hello doctor Ziegler are you ready to set off." Genji said.
"On one condition you must call me Angela." I said
"Oh sorry Angela." Genji said. We made our way to the exit of the HQ."I remember when I first joined Overwatch I was only 18 but I knew Jack Morrison before then. It was amazing seeing all the equipment and technology they had. I guess you had a bit of a different introduction." I explained.
"Yes my introduction was a bit different because I was rescued by an angel." Genji said.
"I'm hardly an angel Genji" I said.
"You might not think you are but I do. I would not be alive if not for you." Genji said.
"Yes but angels don't brake promises, I did. I made a promise I would never hurt or kill I would only help people peacefully but I've not only helped people kill but I have killed someone myself."
"Angela you must of saved countless lives I have never saved a life I have only taken them. Until I joined Overwatch all I'd ever do is sleep with women or kill. What I'm trying to say is you have helped more people than you have hurt." Genji said. "I want to believe you but I can't." I said.
"But if you are not an angel how can you be that beautiful." Genji said.
"I see you still haven't lost your charm from when all you used to do was sleep with women." I said.

At long last we got back with the pizzas. We were both starving so we almost ran to the lounge where Lena and Reinhardt sat anticipating the coming event. There was a group sat around the pair of them cheering them on. Genji place the pizza boxes in front of them and left them to it.

Turns out Reinhardt won the contest because all Lena could talk about how he "cheated".

Genji and I were in my office. Genji was very interested in my valacary suit. "You made this?" Genji questioned.
"Well I 3D printed it but the design was all mine" I said.
"And the staff you made that too?" Genji asked.
"And the staff." I said. Genji continued to be amazed in what I made. He stared at the suit intensely.
"So who made my cybernetics?" Genji asked.
"It was mostly me and Torbjön speaking of which he wants to add some weapons to it. He wanted to do it when we first made the suit but I wouldn't let him. He has the upgrade planed for tomorrow." I explained.
"By the way I got an email from jack regarding the mission it said it had been delayed for another fortnight because he has another mission for the hole team. He said he would inform every one tomorrow." Genji said.
"Thanks for telling me. Oh I just remembered the original reason I wanted you." I went into a draw in search of the pills when I found them I took them out of draw and shook them playfully.
"What are they for." Genji asked.
"They keep you alive, that's what they are for. Now I'll get you a drink to wash them down." I said. I gave Genji the tablets and water. I saw his hand go up to take his visor of he hesitated.
"Angela I just realized I never saw what I looked like without the visor." Genji said.
"Its best you find out, there is a mirror to your left." I said. He tried to take the visor off but his hands were shacking uncontrollably.
"Here let me try." I said. He put his hands to his sides and mine moved to his face. The metal was cold and hard as my fingers traced the surface the found the button to release the visor and so the visor was released. Their was a hiss and then I pulled the visor away. I ignored the scars and cuts on his skin but focused on his beautiful brown eyes. Genji looked at himself and then back at me.
"I... What have I become?" Genji said.
"Genji, I do not care what you look like. All that matters to me is what you do and so far your actions have reflected nothing but good things." I said. Genji stayed silent. And swallowed the pills with water.
"Do you know what I miss the most? The feeling of touch I miss the fur of an animal, the warmth of bed sheets and the skin of another person." Genji said. I ran my hand across his cheek."Can you feel this?" I asked.
"Yes" Genji responded. I leaned in and kissed him it was quick but affectionate."Did you feel that?" I said. Genji smiled.
"Yes it was the best thing I have ever felt." Genji said.